Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Full Springer Harley Police Seat conversion. (Read 402 times)
Gort
Ex Member

Full Springer Harley Police Seat conversion.
07/05/08 at 10:20:10

I converted my '96 Savage to a fully sprung, H.D. Police seat.  No welding, cutting or drilling of the Savage is needed.  The entire conversion can be put back to stock in 30 minutes.  You must have at least a 30" pants inseam for your foot to rest flat on the ground, with your legs being straight down ( See Pic).  Their will be no room for a rear seat.

Besides the materials, you will need to cut and weld 1/4" steel strap and a drill press so you can drill exactly vertical holes.  You will need a bench grinder.

The seat will sit higher and farther back.  I designed and built this seat conversion because of disc problems in my back causing me to have pain after a short time riding the Savage with it's original seat.  This large Police seat is very comfy due to it's size.  The long springs cause you to gently bounce rather than feel any road vibration.  I can ride for hours on this design with no back-pain.

This modification also provides a lot of room under the seat for mods like a fuel shut-off valve and large filter, as you can see in the pic.

I took 30 pics of every step of the fabrication along with text, which is too much data to dump on this site, so if you want to do this modification, email me and I will send it to you in 5 installments.

Art

wolseley@charter.net

IP Logged
Todd Perry
YaBB Newbies

Straighten up and
fly right....

Orlando, FL
Re: Full Springer Harley Police Seat conversion.
Reply #1 - 07/14/08 at 18:56:26

After Art posted this, I contacted him, and got a copy of his instructions. With his help, I went ahead and converted them to a web page for him, as I thought that this info was too handy not to have "available" in an easy way.

Anyway, take a look at:

HD Seat Conversion

Feel free to contact me about any questions about the webpage, but Art's the man to talk to about the work itself.

Enjoy!

Which way to the BBQ joint?
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Re: Full Springer Harley Police Seat conversion.
Reply #2 - 07/14/08 at 20:26:48

Todd Perry deserves a lot of credit for putting my mess of photos and instructions into this professional format.  He gained nothing for all the time he spent doing it, other than the satisfaction of helping other riders modify their seats into this comfortable design.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:20:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Full Springer Harley Police Seat conversion.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.