Send Topic Print
dyna installed ! (Read 219 times)
bruno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

dyna installed !
07/04/08 at 21:25:04

Thanks to all u  on this site for the wealth of info about the dyna mufflers and tips and tricks ! this bike really  has a nice rumble to it ! Can't wait to go for a loooong ride tommorrow ; had to turn mixture screw another 1/4 turn out . I was gettin pops on decel side of revs . Can't noone tell me it sounds like an ATV or SCOOTER anymore . It seems to me that the throttle response has really picked up just from this mod alone ! Next project is the dynojet kit with adjustable needle . I just hope I don't kill my fuel mileage !!! Shocked

IP Logged
bruno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: dyna installed !
Reply #1 - 07/05/08 at 07:15:28

Well guys I just got back from a good little ride and I have no backfires at decel or shutdown ! Igot a lot of head turning going on on drive by . I think i'm going to leave it alone for now guys . Grin

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 07/05/08 at 07:30:44

bruno - sent you a PM

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 07/05/08 at 07:35:03

What year is the bike???   If the muffler is a Dyna OEM take off, you might be ok, but a 150 main may be better.   Do you know if the carb has any of the mod's done to it?????

Remember, the sparkplug is your eyes into how the engine is running.  Put a new one in and then check it after a tank or two.  It should be tan.  Too white is lean and black is rich.

Lancer sells jet sets and has great prices.  Look in the marketplace of the forum.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 07/05/08 at 08:10:30

save your $$$ dont buy the dyno jet kit not worth it wish i hadnt...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Brad_THMP3R

Fighting for Iraqs
Freedom

Hampton Roads, Va
Reply #5 - 07/05/08 at 08:19:56

how about a re-jet for a bored out sportster pipe?  It seems to run ok but the pipe is blue and gold

Jardine slashcut - oldfeller filter - 52 pilot, 152 main - no spacer - ngk iridium plug - olive drab paint - no head covers - respect brotha! I'll eat you!
WWW   IP Logged
bruno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/05/08 at 09:44:58

My bike is an 07' with 2700 miles now and everything was bone stock  including brass plug . The dyna is supposedly a 2005 takeoff with the 80db warning label .If my stock muf was running like the label said 80db then it is running about 95 db now . also something iI found when comparing the 2 dyna mufs shipped to me ;one had a honeycomb and a label that said usa catalyst and the one I used did not have this label or the honeycomb . Anyone have an idea on this ?

IP Logged
bruno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/05/08 at 10:03:18

I had already bought the dynajet kit when I purchased the muffs next move is the new plug and filter. Thanks T-mack  Also the dyna muf gets  the rear brake arm get warm will this affect the rear brake performance ?

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #8 - 07/07/08 at 06:50:25

bruno wrote on 07/05/08 at 09:44:58:
My bike is an 07' with 2700 miles now and everything was bone stock  including brass plug . The dyna is supposedly a 2005 takeoff with the 80db warning label .If my stock muf was running like the label said 80db then it is running about 95 db now . also something iI found when comparing the 2 dyna mufs shipped to me ;one had a honeycomb and a label that said usa catalyst and the one I used did not have this label or the honeycomb . Anyone have an idea on this ?

Hmmmmm   I was told that the 2006 Dyna's were catalyst muflers.  

Getting the arm warm will not affect braking (brakes get reall hot anyway  Shocked )  and it's not hot enough to affect the hardness of the arm.   But,  it will get dirty.....  elbow grease.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
Reply #9 - 07/07/08 at 07:43:54

bruno wrote on 07/04/08 at 21:25:04:
Thanks to all u  on this site for the wealth of info about the dyna mufflers . I just hope I don't kill my fuel mileage !!! Shocked

Mine didn't change at all - 60 mpg all day.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:34:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dyna installed !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.