Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb Adjustment Question (Read 85 times)
David Levi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carb Adjustment Question
07/04/08 at 17:58:00

Hi Guys, I have an 07 s40. Was thinking about doing the white spacer and mixture screw adjustment this weekend to try to curb the backfiring and what seems to be the golding (ie bluing) of the pipe at the engine.

I guess my main question is, does this work for these problems!? What kind of performance gain should I expect?

And bring on the sun tomorrow...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Carb Adjustment Question
Reply #1 - 07/04/08 at 18:44:31

might, might not...depends on whether or not you're running lean.
 You can get backfires and blue pipes from running rich too.  Even if you get it perfect,... if you ride to another elevation (up or down a mountain) or ride in different temps, humidities, your pipes will blue and your bike will backfire.  That's just how it works.
 Most people find that Savages run a bit lean so it probably will help.  Best to try it and see.  If it don't help you can change it back, or go the other way.  It's a pretty easy job once you've done it once.
 Try a 150# main, 2/3 spacer to start.
Best of luck

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
David Levi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/05/08 at 13:59:01

Hey, thanks for the reply. You know, based on your reply I think I have decided to just leave the thing stock. It runs great, idles strong, and I had it up to 75mph today with throttle to spare (althought the sound of me screaming seems to have resulted in temporary hearing loss).

This thing only backfires on cutting the engine (which I find funny as hell in crowds), and if the exhaust is just going to blue anyway, let it blue (I'll clean it). I do some serious elevation changing when riding to our cabin in south-east Ohio.

I did manage my first oil change today, a Tim Taylor moment for sure.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 07/05/08 at 21:22:41

I've changed to the 150 and more or less it's good.  Find yourself an uphill grade that you can WOT.  If you back off a bit and it seems to improve than you need to up the jet size.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:23:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb Adjustment Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.