Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Voltage, generator, battery and staying alive (Read 57 times)
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Voltage, generator, battery and staying alive
07/03/08 at 15:04:00

Hi I'm somewhat new to my 96 savage so forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions here (I have spent all my time on dirtbikes only)..I'm just curious what type of upgrades are necessary to run more power driven accessories (if any) such as brighter lights, bigger horn, etc. Also, was curious if anyone installs stereos to there savage and what it takes to accomplish something like that. thanks in advance!

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Voltage, generator, battery and staying alive
Reply #1 - 07/03/08 at 15:11:24

Actually just recently someone has installed a stereo on his Savage. I just can't remember who it was at the moment.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #2 - 07/03/08 at 15:14:58

Cool maybe someone will chime in. It only came to mind today because I came across a guy riding a very nice looking harley..when he was about to depart he kicked that stereo on and it sounded great! I was curious what's running that thing since the bigger horn I installed is struggling (I didn't install a relay yet though)

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 07/03/08 at 16:18:26

i installed a "uniqcycle" (mp3 or cd etc)system on my 06 wish i would of gone with the deeper speakers for lil more bottom(thought i didnt have room behind fly screen)...sys draws 3 amps so with bike not running you should get a least an hour b4 battery(good charge on 12 amp hour)runs too low to start her up..i went through 2 new batterys plus agm batteries in a month think they had a bad batch, they wouldnt hold a charge...
was able to run a dedicated fused ckt from battery to a switch mounted low and back on the left side cover...pm me if u need more info.

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 07/03/08 at 17:17:45

no one really knows but you're safe with another 50 for sure up to maybe 80 watts in your headlight if it don't melt the bucket.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:25:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Voltage, generator, battery and staying alive

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.