Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Having trouble deciding, savage or v-star (Read 480 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Having trouble deciding, savage or v-star
Reply #30 - 06/30/08 at 21:19:06

ALittlebird wrote on 06/30/08 at 15:40:45:
verslagen1 wrote on 06/30/08 at 11:31:17:
Little bird may have looked like dust bowl itenerant worker but you can pack the bike like a mule and it will go w/o complaint.

Stop!! I laughed so hard I had to head to the bathroom.  Grin

Gotta find that picture when I went to the NAMMY's, actors in tow. This itinerant worker looked pretty darn good in black leather and heels.

I can't stop laughing.

See you have to go with the Savage - these guys will pick on you unmercifully, give you awesome advice and make you smile. What more could you ask?

Oh and I really don't think the Vstrom would be as much fun or addictive as the Savage but what do I know. I'm just the dust bowl worker.  Wink

Well now black leather and heels would certain ranked a different comment, but the bike loaded to the gills all by it's lonesome all I could think of was 'where's granny's rockin' chair?'   Grin  Glad I made you smile, you make me smile too.   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #31 - 07/01/08 at 13:53:14

I have an '05 S40 and an '07 V-Star.  I DO NOT like the V-Star.  My wife rides it and she loves it, but it doesn't 'fit' me right.  I'm a big guy so it's not that, I think it's just the way it handles.  Neither is great on the Interstate.  The V-Star is obviously better for 2-up, but if you're gonna be 2-up riding that's definitely not the bike for you.  The hardware is every bit as cheap as what's in the Savage.  The S40 is 10 times more fun to ride and that's why I rarely ride the V-Star.  

For you, I'd look into the C50T from Suzuki.  For the price and the setup, I don't see how you could beat it.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #32 - 07/01/08 at 22:09:23

dills84 wrote on 06/30/08 at 10:59:06:
mine didnt backfire until i changed the pipe. i think its luck of the draw, plus your location.

ding  ding  ding  ... we have a winner..   one of the simplest answeres i've heard to date.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:27:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Having trouble deciding, savage or v-star

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.