Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Sissy Bar Purchase (Read 769 times)
flcruzr
Ex Member

Sissy Bar Purchase
06/29/08 at 17:27:25

Hello!  I'm wondering if anyone can advise me where would be a good site to purchase a sissy bar for an s40?  (Best Deals)  Wink

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: Sissy Bar Purchase
Reply #1 - 06/29/08 at 17:35:00

Did you check The Marketplace on this site?  There seems to have been a flurry of sissy bar activity in there lately.  

I just walked in from the shed, where I was busy "altering" (read that: "demolishing") my extra sissy bar fender rails into something I hope will be beautiful upon completion.  Wish I had checked here first.  I might just have sold them instead.  

Do you just need the sissy bar, or the rails too?

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/29/08 at 17:45:15

Do you just need the sissy bar, or the rails too?
[/quote]

I guess I need all of the set up, does it come in different pieces???

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #3 - 06/29/08 at 18:10:56

Yeah.  If you don't have the fender rails built to hold a sissy bar, you will need those.  It might come as a kit, but if not, make sure you get those as well.  It would be a bummer to order a new toy and then not be able to play with it when it comes.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #4 - 06/30/08 at 06:10:32

I just found a member on the board who wanted regular, non-sissybar rails. We worked out a deal to swap his rails and sissybar for my rails and $$...

The rails that hold the sissybar have an extra "piece" on the top that holds the sissybar in place. The rails mount the same as the current rails on your bike.

Before I found this member... I was going to order from www.babbittsonline.com - They had the best price I could find anywhere on the net. I actually ordered my saddlebag brackets from them. The only thing I've heard about them is they take awhile to ship.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
aebooze

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingsland, GA
Reply #5 - 06/30/08 at 06:23:27

You should check on ebay.  I just got a set of rails and a sissy bar for mine for a total of about $50.  Now I just have to make them fit because they're off a '96 savage and I have an '07 s40.  I guess the savage had a little wider back fender?

IP Logged
dills84

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/30/08 at 06:47:52

aebooze wrote on 06/30/08 at 06:23:27:
You should check on ebay.  I just got a set of rails and a sissy bar for mine for a total of about $50.  Now I just have to make them fit because they're off a '96 savage and I have an '07 s40.  I guess the savage had a little wider back fender?

pretty sure its identicle. should bolt right on.

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #7 - 06/30/08 at 07:18:45

I might have one for sale if the buyer does not pay.  PM and I will let you know.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #8 - 06/30/08 at 08:32:31

I agree with Dills, pretty sure there were no changes between the years, even with the name change in 05...

I'll see in about 2 days I guess. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #9 - 06/30/08 at 08:47:40

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/30/08 at 17:48:41

thanks everyone, for your feedback!

IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #11 - 07/01/08 at 03:25:15

aebooze wrote on 06/30/08 at 06:23:27:

Are you finding the '96 setup is wider than your '07, ie a loose fit? It should be identical I think.

Usually the problem is that people find the assembly a tight fit. What works for me is to pre-assemble everything loosely (including the 2 vertical bolts on the underneath of the sissy-bar) and then slide the whole thing down over the fender. You need to be v careful & cover/protect paintwork.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #12 - 07/01/08 at 04:40:52

[quote]You need to be v careful & cover/protect paintwork.[/quote

The first time I took my side rails off, they came off easily but going back on was a little harder. I was trying to line up one side and the other side was scratching the heck out of my fender. So be very careful. I'm looking at a possible paint job next winter.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #13 - 07/01/08 at 06:04:28

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 06/30/08 at 08:32:31:
I agree with Dills, pretty sure there were no changes between the years, even with the name change in 05...

I bought a set of used rails recently and they are about an inch too long. The front two mounting holes line up. The hole for the turn signal and the over-all length is off by a good inch. I don't feel like drilling holes in my new 07 S40.

07 S40
  IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #14 - 07/01/08 at 06:33:43

4carbcorvair wrote on 07/01/08 at 06:04:28:
SimonTuffGuy wrote on 06/30/08 at 08:32:31:

I bought a set of used rails recently and they are about an inch too long. The front two mounting holes line up. The hole for the turn signal and the over-all length is off by a good inch. I don't feel like drilling holes in my new 07 S40.

You're right. This pic shows the differences. The turn signal mount is much closer to the helmet lock on the S40.

There isn't a hole through the fender directly behind the turn signal on the savage. The red star shows the location of the hole that is there, where a bolt goes through the fender into the the sissy bar "leg".

The white star shows where the other hole in the Savage fender is, where the rail is bolted on. Not sure if that lines up with the S40 rail hole.

Hope that makes sense  Huh

« Last Edit: 07/01/08 at 07:55:19 by PhilM »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:18:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sissy Bar Purchase

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.