Rejetting and space mod (Read 78 times)
willrph
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Wisconsin
Rejetting and space mod
06/29/08 at 10:58:45

Yeah, just wanted to let you guys know the rejetting and "spacer" mod went well today.  I was a little hesitant to try but all went well, sort of.    As others have shared the gas tank was somewhat difficult to remove, I did scratch the frame slightly.   For my bike, a 2006, lifting slightly in the back and pushing the tank  forward did the trick.   The hateful screws on the slide cover were also difficult to remove.    As ohters have identified, but clearly didn't state, Suzuki should be shoot for the soft screws on the slide cover.  When you decide to do the mod have an impact wrench or vice grips handy to loosen the screws.  My biggest challenge was getting the carb back on.  I did have to remove the top cover of the battery box and horse the bugger back on.
 Two hours of work, but what a difference.  Not only are the embarrassing, very loud backfires gone, throttle response and drivability are sweet., night and day.  
 Want to thank Lancer for the jet kit and all the folks on this site for sharing their experiences and knowledge.   Your advice and description of challenges gave me enough confidence and understanding to get the wrenches out. Thanks again, this is a great site about a great bike.  
 For those like me who are hesitant, review the many threads on rejetting and the white spacer mode on this site and just do it.  You will be very pleased with the result.
 I'll track gas mileage and report back on changes.  I was getting 54 miles per gallon over the last 2800 miles.  Removed about a third of the spacer and installed a 55 pilot and 150 main.  Also but in a K&N air filter.  You can't see it but I have a large smile on my face following the test run.  Hell, I had the largest grin, and gave a howler, when it started after putting all back together.   Larger grin after everything appeared to be working .
 Next, and the last thing to do, is install an after market muffler.

White spacer mod, 150 main, K&N Air Filter, Memphis Shades Slim
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Rejetting and space mod
Reply #1 - 06/29/08 at 11:07:29

I usually just pull the entire battery box out before I pull the carb. It gives you a LOT more room. But congrats on getting it rejetted and modded.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #2 - 06/29/08 at 16:32:49

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 06/29/08 at 11:07:29:
I usually just pull the entire battery box out before I pull the carb. It gives you a LOT more room. But congrats on getting it rejetted and modded.

That's what I did too, just pull the battery box. Didn't have to mess with the tank or speedo cable, but hey, whatever works.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #3 - 06/29/08 at 19:53:40

If you get an after market exhaust like a HD Dyna take off, make sure not to open it up anymore than a 3/4 hole. I was happy with mine at 3/4ish and then wanted more noise and opened it up more, now I have a lot less noise???? I'm so disappointed now its not even funny.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:32:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rejetting and space mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.