Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
newbie here and just got first service (Read 65 times)
jimR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

upstate NY Albany
newbie here and just got first service
06/26/08 at 06:13:12

Hi all been lurking in the back ground for about a month. I have a "new " 2007. Just had the first service done by my dealer. They actually fixed the speedo vib. and sent pic to Suzuki. They reset my carb to try to help the back fire. It's better, but.........OMG they forgot to put the plug back over the mixture screw! Grin. So I guess that will be one less problem to tackle. I'll get it "right". This is the forth or fifth bike I've owned, big and small and this one is the most fun. Actually my first bike was a '72 savage!

IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Re: newbie here and just got first service
Reply #1 - 06/26/08 at 06:44:47

Wow, now that is NOT a typical stealership!  They fixed the speedo rattle, sent a pic to Suzuki of the problem, removed the brass plug AND adjusted the carb for you?!  I'm impressed.  My local shop would do none of the above because they don't know how.  They said, "That's just what a Suzuki does."  4 months on this site and I've fixed every single issue I've ever had and prevented a few from happening in the future.

Welcome to the forum.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: newbie here and just got first service
Reply #2 - 06/26/08 at 07:43:40

A big welcome from a couple hundred miles south of you, here in sunny NJ. Well, not sunny today. Give a yell if you're ever down around the NJ Shore. Ride safe.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:24:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › newbie here and just got first service

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.