Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I got my SAVAGE!  WOOO HOOO! (Read 276 times)
Bleemus

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mt Pleasant, SC
Re: I got my SAVAGE!  WOOO HOOO!
Reply #15 - 06/24/08 at 18:33:21

Thanks for the welcome. I will contact Lancer about the jets.

As for the muffler is there something about the stock that is really bad?  Do new pipes add that much more horsepower? Personally I don't feel the need to get real loud pipes and my wife would hate them.   Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #16 - 06/24/08 at 19:55:49

Got my bike with the stock pipe.  Just above idle it reminded me of a old VW bug (that whistle noise the exhuast use to make).  Ran fine I thought.  What did I know, I had just graduated up from a '82 250cc Honda.
   Got a loud muffler on eBay. Now, I'm not sure it's faster, but I do get a smile factor.  Made a baffle to help quite it down.  Well,  I let you know, don't use copper in the baffle if you make one.  (don't ask how I know).   It was getting louder again and had to keep adjusting the jet as it changed.
 So....bought a Dyna take off the other week.  I found that it's just above the noise level of the stock pipe but slightly deeper.  I might have kept it because it was good running, .....but,  went back to the louder pipe, this time with an all steel baffle.  I guess I'm going thru a mid-life cirsis and what to make noise...... Huh

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #17 - 06/24/08 at 19:58:49

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 06/24/08 at 19:55:49:
 I guess I'm going thru a mid-life cirsis and what to make noise...... Huh

GrinLOL   You sound like me.  Only I'm pacing myself with a series of mid-life dilemmas.  Saving the crisis option for later use if needed.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 06/24/08 at 20:21:25

There a lot of people that keep the stock muffler,In my area loud pipes are kind of going out .

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/24/08 at 22:15:56

The Supertrapp isnt exactly loud, well, its kinda loud, but its not brash. It sounds like a well tuned engine, not just a noisy exhaust. It roars on hard accel, it rumbles & crackles on decel, or, if ridden gently, it will roll thru a hospital zone & not make anyone mad. 14 disks, a 150 main, stock pilot, almost stock white washer,& it delivers between 47 & 48 mpg riding with no consideration for mileage.That much fun & that much performance for that kinda money is a Good Deal, IMO.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 06/25/08 at 03:41:47

Way to go  Bleemus! Welcome to "Savage World" it's a great place ... so great in fact that I decided to "come back"!!
Enjoy and Ride Safe! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
BULLIT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 06/25/08 at 10:02:07

Bleemus wrote on 06/24/08 at 14:43:05:
I paid Blue Book value for it. $2175. Blue Book assumes it has 11k miles and no fairing. I am happy and the previous owner is happy. Probably could haven gotten it for 2k but it just felt right to offer Blue Book.

WOW.. Now I know I stole mine.

bought it feb 29 2008,

its a 2003 black with 70 original miles on it.  garage kept and started and maintenance all done.

$2,300.00  what he owed on it.

he bought it for wife.  she never rode it so he just made the payments and made her watch the money go for no reason.  

finally he got fed up and pretty much gave it to me for that price.

Great starter bike, I havent rode in about 18 years so this is great for me.

Cool Cool  another new savage nation member  Cool

IP Logged
dills84

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 06/25/08 at 10:09:01

Bleemus wrote on 06/24/08 at 14:43:05:
I paid Blue Book value for it. $2175. Blue Book assumes it has 11k miles and no fairing. I am happy and the previous owner is happy. Probably could haven gotten it for 2k but it just felt right to offer Blue Book.

congrats. I just got mine 2 weeks ago. its also a 2000 green with 3500 miles. I paid 1500, but it also had a broken mirror and dented tank.

so i'd say you paid a fair price. welcome to the forum.

IP Logged
willrph
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Wisconsin
Reply #23 - 06/25/08 at 17:43:00

Welcome aboard!!!  Isn't it a great ride.  
 Check out the carb section, you might be running a little lean.   Lots of great informaiton on this site.

White spacer mod, 150 main, K&N Air Filter, Memphis Shades Slim
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:20:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I got my SAVAGE!  WOOO HOOO!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.