Send Topic Print
08 S40 (Read 387 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 08 S40
Reply #30 - 06/25/08 at 06:57:44

I am claiming every mm I can & it says 5' 6" on the drivers license. Maybe I am,,& I weigh just under 140, so me, on Bull, running it down the road, I think we look well proportioned. I get positive response from most people, even HD riders. I guess having a smile on my face & an honest appreciation for the fact that THEY are a rider & THey like their bike, we have an immediate SOMething in common. I like looking at other bikes & I'm a friendly guy & so far, no one has ever just
"shot me down" for riding the one I ride. IF someone ever does, I wont be hurt or angry. I wont be hurt, because the only people who have opinions that matter to me are those whose thinking I RESPECT. I Give those people the power to affect how I feel, to a degree.I wont be angry, just because. Their attitude isnt important enough to allow it to affect my day, not even for a second. I would wonder what kind of person could look at such nice looking little bike &, without knowing how it rides, pulls away, grunts out of turns & feels handling the mean streets, manage to decide it is "Unworthy" of appreciation.. Now, why in the WURld would I care what a person like that thinks?

But, to answer the ?? that started the thread..

Most folks are nice. Most bikers are outgoing, more so than the average Joe or Jane Sixpakk & will treat you & your choice of motorcycle with respect & courtesy. I believe you will be well received & that is always better, even IF you dont care what they think,its better if they think good things.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Canned Replies
Reply #31 - 06/25/08 at 08:29:39

You need some of these just in case the occasion arises:

"I'm saving up for the second cylinder."  "The other cylinder is in my garage for an overhaul."  (As previously mentioned.)

"One cylinder!"  Look at bike, look close behind cylinder.  "No wonder it's running rough -- it was a twin this morning!  Hey -- has anyone seen a cylinder on the road?  It's mine!"

"The dealer told me 'You got two balls, you get two cylinders', and when I told him about my unfortunate childhood accident, he sold me the single."

"It does double duty as transportation and a prostate massage!"
"It does double duty as transportation and a vibrator!"

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Fiskbil
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 06/26/08 at 00:09:53

I almost always get good response on my bike. If someone is skeptic, just offer them a test drive. Smiley
I've had a harley guy pulling up next to me and saying that he "wants one of those", since his bike got bad mpg and burned a lot of oil. Then he started to tilt his head looking for the other cylinder... when I told him it's a thumper he got even more interested.  Grin

IP Logged
BOWDIER

OCALA, FL
Reply #33 - 06/26/08 at 13:45:43

I had nothing but postive coments with the bike. Can't stand people who argue and tell you are wrong about something they no nothing about, hey why you getting rid of the 50

BOWDIER 2006 RED S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:25:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 08 S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.