Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Benefits of lowering shocks? (Read 84 times)
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Benefits of lowering shocks?
06/23/08 at 05:56:28

Was just reading in the Tech Section and noticed a post by cFLOW on how to lower the shocks.  Very interesting step-by-step with good pics, but what are advantages.  I know it will make the bike lower of course, but are there benefits other than looks?  I'm not a little fella and I'm pushing it keeping my setting at 3.  If I go too fast over a railroad track or hit one of those invisible holes in the road that we all love, I bottom out in the back.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Benefits of lowering shocks?
Reply #1 - 06/23/08 at 07:35:53

I would say no advantage the s40 has one of the shortest travel rear suspensions the way it is now,I wish it had a longer swing arm to have more travel.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/23/08 at 09:12:35

I'm with ya.  I am 200# or so, and now running a set of light spring progressives on #4.  I bottomed too much for my tastes on the lighter settings.  More travel would be great, now has someone come up with that mod yet?

IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #3 - 06/23/08 at 09:45:20

The easy mod would be to put a set of slightly longer shocks on the bike if you want more travel.

As for shortening, the only advantage is indeed the look of the bike, I think it looks like a bigger, more solid machine with the back end down a little (just an inch or inch and a half lower).  Bottoming out not really a problem for me at 240lb, as long as the holes in the road aren't invisible!

Would also be a bonus you have really short legs, but the Savage has a pretty low seat to start with!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:22:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Benefits of lowering shocks?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.