Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: Bonehead Lost Keys
Reply #15 - 06/21/08 at 17:39:40

You must have a lot of pockets in your tutu for all those key rings, Skatnbnc.  Doesn't the jingling distract your audience? Huh

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 06/21/08 at 17:49:37

btw: homedepot, Lowes, Wallys, Kfart doesn't have the proper key blank.  you should order them.  they might have one close, but some times it get stuck, so don't force it in or it'll be there a long time.

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #17 - 06/21/08 at 19:22:26

What happened to you spare key???  

Note to all,  if you buy a used bike with only one key,  always get a second key made ASAP.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/21/08 at 22:58:48

neither of the keys I got from the PO of my bike were factory keys. Once you do replace the lost keys I'd suggest going to your local hardware store and getting a few copies. I have my spares tied in with the laces on my boots. Ignition key is Ilco YH51.  Fork key is ... made in germany apparently. Says Neiman on one side and GKS (made in germnay) on the other. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

IP Logged
Rustbucket

Reply #19 - 06/22/08 at 01:16:01

Oh man... Well I bought my bike over a month ago and only got 1 ign key and 1 fork key.. But i do have the key code tin tag thingy... Going to make the special trip to the north side of the city and get copies on monday, first thing!

IP Logged
David Levi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 06/23/08 at 09:19:50

Well, just wanted to thank you guys for the fun responses. This has had me laughing at myself all weekend. As it turns out this whole fiasco only cost me $75, and that was to get my car door unlocked (sheesh).

The locksmith guy was supposed to call Sunday morning, never did so I called him in the evening to see of he actually wanted the cash to cut a key for 20 minutes. He lists his services on Craig's List (multiple times), so I assumed he wanted business. So, we set up a time for today (monday), I thought I'd check with everyone in my building to see if they'd been found.

Turns out someone did find them and turned them into our local campus police station.

I could be an ass to the locksmith, but I guess I am going to call him to cancel. Should just let him drive all the way out here for nothing though since he can't call back.

I need to go make 500 copies of this key now...

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #21 - 06/23/08 at 18:24:01

For my daily use keys, I took a 5 inch piece of bright orange nylon strap (web strap??).   Put a hole in one end and put a small grommet on it.  Then put a key ring loop on it.  Then took a Sharpie marker and wrote my name on it.  

The Organe is bright so I can see it on the ground from 20 yards away.  The Nylon web strap won't scratch the paint in the wind from riding.  The name gets it back to me.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #22 - 06/24/08 at 05:18:45

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 06/21/08 at 17:39:40:
You must have a lot of pockets in your tutu for all those key rings, Skatnbnc.  Doesn't the jingling distract your audience? Huh

Do you have any idea how many LAYERS are in a tutu!?!? I could hide an entire tool kit in there!  Grin

I only take ONE set of keys anywhere. Okay, two.  Cheesy
The MC set, and then the separate house keys that go into my MC jacket pocket.

Lose the MC keys? - no worries, I can get back into house to retrieve spare set because I have the house keys in my pocket.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:20:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bonehead Lost Keys

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.