Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking For Torque Specs **Update** It's done! (Read 115 times)
savage2k
Ex Member

Looking For Torque Specs **Update** It's done!
06/19/08 at 19:03:59

Hi, I asked this in another topic, but it got unanswered and  buried.
I plan to start the Verslavy mod in the morning. Had it welded up today, and am ready to go. Will try to get some pictures of my tensioner assembly status at 18,600 miles, as a reference to others.

What is the torque specs for the right hand crankcase cover?

Also the exhaust header.

If such specs do not openly exist, could someone give me a general idea? Just want to make sure I do it right the first time, so I don't have to backtrack. Not a lot of wrenching under my belt, so I am forever greatful for any help.

I searched topics for what seems forever,  and am now crosseyed.  Roll Eyes

Thanks

« Last Edit: 06/20/08 at 12:26:02 by golfbum »  
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Looking For Torque Specs
Reply #1 - 06/19/08 at 20:37:44

did you check the index in the tech section?

about a dozen lines down in the index

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181745927

IP Logged
savage2k
Ex Member

Re: Looking For Torque Specs
Reply #2 - 06/19/08 at 21:10:28

OK Gocha, and thanks. It seems I have a lot to learn in navigating this forum. I read most of the Cam chain issue library, but somehow missed part of the tech section......DUH!

I did try though......honest! Undecided

IP Logged
savage2k
Ex Member

Re: Looking For Torque Specs **Update** It's done!
Reply #3 - 06/20/08 at 12:22:54

Well I finished the Tensioner Assembly Mod in about 3 hours. Took longer than I thought, but I am very pleased with the results. I don't have a garage, so I worked outside in the heat, so I think that slowed me down a bit. I took several 10 minute breaks.

The Tensioner assembly plunger was out a whopping 20 mm..Seems I got it just in time I think, although it hadn't leaned and elongated the hole. I am happy to say that with the Verslavy Mod, It now is only out about 2 - 3 mm.

The guide and tensioner seemed to be in new condition. I could see no cracks or wear whatsoever.

The bike has 18,600 Miles or around 30, 000 km

I didn't have the pliers for that little cir-clip thing, and the housing seemed to be in perfect shape, so I didn't change the housing. It's a bugger to get it together and get the screw back in the plunger end, but once you figure it out, it seems so easy.

Took it for a ride, and it seemed so much more responsive, and powerful. My imagination, or is this common?

I took pictures of the old adjuster  , and the new modded one, and will post them when I figure out how.

Now I can finally ride with a clear mind again Cool........But a valve job is in the near future.

« Last Edit: 06/22/08 at 20:03:23 by golfbum »  
  IP Logged
savage2k
Ex Member

Re: Looking For Torque Specs *Update* Pictures
Reply #4 - 06/22/08 at 20:06:34

Here is the welded modified tensioner assembly

Here it is showing frightening 20 mm out

Finished job, 2-3 mm out

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:27:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking For Torque Specs **Update** It's done!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.