Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help Needed (Read 87 times)
savage2k
Ex Member

Help Needed
06/18/08 at 18:00:57

Hi all, been lurking about for a while now reading about the cam chain issues. Mine is due this weekend, and I plan on having the verslavy mod fabricated by a machinist tomorrow. Although I bought a chain, tensioner assembly, guide, tensioner, and all the necessary gaskets, I am hoping that I can do this easy fix, instead of getting elbow deep in this.
I am sorry for rehashing old isues but I read somewhere on here, but for the life of me cannot find it now, What is the adjuster assembly plunger made of? What type of metal? While speaking to the machinist on the phone, he asked me if it had magnesium in it? I felt like a dork not knowing.... Exclaim He said he will probably know when he sees it, but for me to try to find out for sure.

Also, what are the torque specs for the crankcase cover and the exhaust header when I re assemble?

I really appreciate it guys.  I seem to be not very good with the search feature here.
I am not much of a wrencher myself, but think I may be able to slide along knowing I have this site for information.

« Last Edit: 06/18/08 at 20:07:15 by golfbum »  
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Help Needed
Reply #1 - 06/18/08 at 20:27:15

Try here. Cam Chain Issue Library posted 04/19/07 at 09:12:48 by Vroom 1776. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1176999168
If that link doesn't work, use the search feature at the top of the page, and expand it from one week to "all". About 3/4's of the way down, once you're on the right page, there is a subject titled "cam chain issues". It dates back ot a time when there was alot of discussion on the possible fixes for the cam chain. If my memory serves me right, the info you're looking for is buried somewhere in those pages. Sorry I can't be more specific. Hope this helps you.
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 06/18/08 at 21:09:48

The housing is aluminum and the plunger is case hardened cold roll steel as far as I know.

WWW   IP Logged
savage2k
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/19/08 at 02:22:13

Thanks guys, and especially you Verslagen1 for your part in the awesome mod . Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:21:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help Needed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.