savagestyle
YaBB Newbies

mashin the gas and
kickin all others
ass

saint augustine florida
big bore kit
06/18/08 at 17:23:20

hello everyone, let me introduce myself before i get into my question.....i am a proud owner of a 02 savage that i purchased from a guy for $800. i am not new to street cruisers or mc's in general, but i am new to the mechanical side of ownership.  i have owned my beast for three months now and i have been lurking around here for about the same time frame.  i would put pictures up, but everybody here knows what it looks like.  i am in the process of turning my ride into a rat/pro street/ bobber and i am interested in asking some questions of the residents of this community who, after reading everything i have read on this site, really know their crap. so here i go.......

first let me start by saying i dont want a bigger/heavier/blend in with everyone else/  kinda bike but i would like to maximize what this bike can do.....i have already had several experiences with "HD" riders who are shocked that my "CUTE LITTLE THINGY" can keep up and sometime leave em breathing my fumes and  I WANT MORE

here are my questions........
i have been searching for a big bore kit or someone who is very mechanically inclined to help out with determining what size cylinder is needed to bring my cc's up
if possible to bore would that change the cam size that is bieng sold on this site or not
i have seen a stage iv jet kit on fleabay with a 157.5 size jet...has anyone had any experience with a jet that size.....

i have other questions but i have rambled on long enough so i thank everyone in advance for their expert advice and answers and hope to have the sickest thumpster in st. augustine to show you guys and gals soon
                       thanks
                           chris

so where do you wanna be after the smoke clears
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: big bore kit
Reply #1 - 06/18/08 at 17:58:28

search the site some more, me thinks carb and exhaust mods will will make you happy for less $$

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
savagestyle
YaBB Newbies

mashin the gas and
kickin all others
ass

saint augustine florida
Reply #2 - 06/18/08 at 18:03:24

already have an after market exhaust and i plan on going with much bigger jets and cone filter.....just dont know if everything im planning on buying will change if i can up my cc's......ive been stalking this site for 3 months and havent seen anything about a big bore kit...

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 06/18/08 at 19:25:28

Woodworker did a bore/oversize piston on his Savage at or about 90,000 miles and took it to about 700 cc.

http://www.andruschak.net/savage/woodworker2.html

WWW   IP Logged
savagestyle
YaBB Newbies

mashin the gas and
kickin all others
ass

saint augustine florida
Reply #4 - 06/18/08 at 20:04:59

thank you for the information paladin....i appreciate the quick response....i will try to e-mail kenerechook....thanks again

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 06/18/08 at 20:17:48

My mission in life is to get other people in trouble.  Craziness is to be encouraged.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 06/18/08 at 22:57:03

I'd go the lancer route, high performance cam, replace the carb and tune the shiite out of it.   Grin

And do the big bore as she needs it.

Don't forget to use HD clutch springs   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #7 - 06/19/08 at 06:49:57

Somewhere I saw that the Lancer Cam and Carb with free flowing Air filter & exhaust can up the HP over 40.   But also saw that the cam's maybe ending soon.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #8 - 06/19/08 at 06:57:23

157.5 is WAY too much for now.  When you bore it out and get a high-performance exhaust, then it's time to get the jets up to that size and beyond.  And when I say "high-performance exhaust", I'm not just talking about the muffler.  There are a couple of posts on here detailing our header pipe and how pitifully small it is inside.  Prior to that, anything you drop in over a 152.5 is probably gonna drag you down even more.  IMHO

Lancer is the carb expert so he'll be able to give you the facts, but that's what I've gathered from personal experience and the posts from other members.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:26:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › big bore kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.