Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Got a new Helmet
06/17/08 at 18:28:53

Just got my new helmet today.  I ordered it online a week ago and I was excited to get it.  Colors go with my Honda Shadow (or at least close enough)

http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=HCI15-WHITE-MULTI

I bought this for the summer months.  I have a black Bell Raider full face, which is very hot and heavy this time of year.  And a black half helmet with a visor, which is cool but I wear glasses and it has no wind blockage.  I wanted something that was NOT BLACK, blocked the wind in my eyes, didn't catch the wind (no visor), and allowed me to put it on and take it off without removing my glasses.  The fact that it is bright and eye catching (and, yes, maybe a little "different") may help with people seeing me better as well.

Finish and quality is very good for the price.  The helmet is very light and comfortable and does not block any of my vision.  The impression I get is that I don't even have a helmet on.  The face shield (which is clear not tinted) is hardly noticeable.  Wind blockage is good around the eyes and ears.  The face shield shape still allows you to take a drink from a bottle without raising it.  Wind noise is almost non existent and the ear pieces dampen sound without blocking everything out.  The only thing I don't like is that the helmet ears are not low enough for my ears.  Needs to be about 1/4-1/2 inch lower to be perfect.  (Helmet must have been designed for round heads not oval ones like mine).  However, I think the padding make break in over time and the ears will fit better.  

Overall, I would have no problems wearing this helmet on a long, long trips through the moderate to hot temperatures.  Now I need one to match my Savage!

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Got a new Helmet
Reply #1 - 06/17/08 at 22:39:27

i like the face shied.    sweet looking great job sharing.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 18:21:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got a new Helmet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.