Send Topic Print
Help!! (Read 423 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Help!!
Reply #15 - 06/19/08 at 09:57:00

I found an old piece of leather, folded it, stuffed it in & locked the gears, It wouldnt fall in anything..just sayin'

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oksavage

Reply #16 - 06/21/08 at 07:52:06

guys, thanks so much for all the suggestions and the pic.  I can see that it is probably hiding under the oil pump.  I had to leave it to do to a sudden illness in wife's family Embarrassed but expect to get back to it tommorow.  I think the straw/shop vac might really work will definitely utilize that one.  Also, as a when I get it out someone earlier mentioned on this whole cam chain changing issue somehow being able to remove the primary gear without taking off the clutch, how?  Also, to remove the clutch it mentions a special tool?? How do you guys hold the clutch still to break the nut loose and when it goes back together to you just hammer that locking nut back up into place with screwdriver or something?  Thanks again... Smiley

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 06/22/08 at 00:27:39

I diden't realize you were that poor,send me your address and I will send you a hundred pennies Wink

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 06/22/08 at 12:12:56

oksavage wrote on 06/21/08 at 07:52:06:
1. I think the straw/shop vac might really work will definitely utilize that one.  
2. Also, as a when I get it out someone earlier mentioned on this whole cam chain changing issue somehow being able to remove the primary gear without taking off the clutch, how?  
3. Also, to remove the clutch it mentions a special tool?? How do you guys hold the clutch still to break the nut loose
4. and when it goes back together to you just hammer that locking nut back up into place with screwdriver or something?

1. me too!   Smiley
2. I think you can only do that with an '86. the gear on the clutch has to be bigger than the basket.
3. remove the clutch plates and break the nut before removing primary. break the primary nut before removing clutch.
4. lock washer? just bend the tab up and you're good to go.

WWW   IP Logged
oksavage

Reply #19 - 06/22/08 at 13:08:41

I owe serowbot big time,  I got it!!!!  the nut on the primary gear is giving me fits,  it's trying to round off, 30mm right??  Also, shouldn't it turn to the right to loosen(toward the front)??

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #20 - 06/22/08 at 18:30:11

one of the nuts is a lefty.    Counter clockwise to tighten, clockwise to loosen.....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #21 - 07/22/08 at 21:15:43

oksavage..what ever became of this?? I just lost my circlip in that oblong hole (I think that's where it went) and now I'm pissed as hell and researching like crazy!

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 07/22/08 at 21:37:36

Nice going, o.k.savage!  Glad it worked, thanks for the props.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:44:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.