Send Topic Print
Cutting out and dying (Read 238 times)
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Re: Cutting out and dying
Reply #15 - 06/12/08 at 18:33:45

When I was talking about SW's experience,her bike would just die at times....seems like it was a short she had somewhere.
Dose anyone remember?

I tried a search but that was almost a year ago....and the search isnt showing it.Or I'm not putting in the right thing Undecided

I do remember it died on her at a conveinience(sp) store and a mechanic was across the street , he found the short and fixed it for her.(Guess it was just shorting out at times.)

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #16 - 06/14/08 at 09:28:59

So,I'm wondering,did ALittlebird ever get her bike straightened out? Undecided Smiley

And if so,how?

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #17 - 06/14/08 at 10:34:30

Not sure yet. I put seafoam in and it didn't cut out. This morning I had trouble getting it to stay started but when I did I decided to make a long run up the highway. Seemed to do OK although still  sounding a little rough. Ran through that tank and put some more in with more seafoam. I'll do another long run tomorrow morning while it's still cool out and see what happens.

I've been back and forth about whether to make the trip to MN or not. I'll wait and see how the bike and I feel on Tuesday.

Since the helmet I ordered hasn't come I went and got a full face helmet from the local store so I can get on the road. It's all been a comedy of errors. They are nice guys - they asked if the mechanic had changed the filter after draining the tank. You know I don't think he did.  Sad

Time for a new mechanic. When I get back I'll take it up to someone else and have them go all over it. Plug, seals, valves, everything.

The stealership service manager here tried his best to find someone that wasn't backed up to get me in to look at it but no one was available. He went way beyond the call of duty. So I think I'll drop it off to them when they have an opening.

It's enough to actually make me think of mechanics school.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #18 - 06/14/08 at 10:46:04

ALittlebird wrote on 06/14/08 at 10:34:30:
Not sure yet. I put seafoam in and it didn't cut out. This morning I had trouble getting it to stay started but when I did I decided to make a long run up the highway. Seemed to do OK although still  sounding a little rough. Ran through that tank and put some more in with more seafoam. I'll do another long run tomorrow morning while it's still cool out and see what happens.

I've been back and forth about whether to make the trip to MN or not. I'll wait and see how the bike and I feel on Tuesday.

Since the helmet I ordered hasn't come I went and got a full face helmet from the local store so I can get on the road. It's all been a comedy of errors. They are nice guys - they asked if the mechanic had changed the filter after draining the tank. You know I don't think he did.  Sad

Time for a new mechanic. When I get back I'll take it up to someone else and have them go all over it. Plug, seals, valves, everything.

The stealership service manager here tried his best to find someone that wasn't backed up to get me in to look at it but no one was available. He went way beyond the call of duty. So I think I'll drop it off to them when they have an opening.

It's enough to actually make me think of mechanics school.

I know what you mean about mechanics school!!  

Keep us posted of the outcome! We wish you much luck Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:42:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cutting out and dying

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.