Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: Heckled S40 Rider..
Reply #45 - 06/17/08 at 21:25:31

Holy smokes, Jonny.  I think you need to go for a nice ride in the country or something.

I'm still laughing my butt off picturing you waving a toothpick at a bunch of bikers and screaming at them. Grin Grin

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #46 - 06/17/08 at 22:02:11

haha, right.  Like one of those stilleto hair comb knives!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 06/17/08 at 23:59:28

Jonny_Chicago wrote on 06/17/08 at 20:59:58:
Tell them to go f**k themselves.  

Then if they heckle you more, pull out your stilleto knife and ask them "who wants a piece".  

& Hope some Big Dude doesnt say "ME!" & whoop out a Dirty Harry 44Manglum.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #48 - 06/18/08 at 09:38:41

Ha, true, at least you would go down fighting

« Last Edit: 06/18/08 at 18:19:31 by Jonny_Chicago »  
  IP Logged
Bear_Rider

Reply #49 - 06/18/08 at 13:13:18

Rogue_Cheddar wrote on 06/17/08 at 17:14:32:
Bear_Rider wrote on 06/17/08 at 17:04:47:
gj859 wrote on 06/16/08 at 16:16:20:
Hey Bear_Rider what are you rebelling against?

Human stupidity.

There should be a minimum IQ required to reproduce, say about 135. For every ten points above that, you can add one more child.  Wink

I think that I'm going to try to really confuse people. If I repaint the tank this winter, I'm going to add some tank decals close, but not identical to that used on Indian motorcycles.  Grin

Aww Bear_Rider you just missed a classic reply opportunity.

From The Wild One (1953)

Mildred: What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny: Whaddya got?

Cheesy

To tell you the truth, I never watched the movie. I've always considered the outlaw bike scene to be pretty much a bunch of two-bit punks and never really cared for Brando as an actor.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #50 - 06/18/08 at 16:30:44

most people generally like my bike. most are non riders though. i can't say i have ever had a bad thing said about it , except by me under my breath, when i am working on it and its not going my way Grin

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #51 - 06/18/08 at 18:38:57

I was stopped at a light tonight.  A guy in a Ford diesel rolled down his window and started quizzing me on the Savage.  "How smooth is that single?  Will it cruise all day at 60 mph?"  I told him I didn't know, because I'd never tried it.  But it'll do 70 all day no problem.  He started laughing.  Seemed like a pretty nice guy.  

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #52 - 06/19/08 at 07:20:46

I had some people say I should buy a HD.  I've also had some HD & sport bike riders say they started on a LS650 and it's a good bike.  

The ones that say I should get a more powerful bike I just reply..... "Have you ever ridden a Savage (S40)?????"

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #53 - 06/19/08 at 15:43:50

In the 8th grade, some wiseguy started yammering about my clothes. I told him I would be free after school & he could buy me whatever clothes he thought would be better than what I had.. He shut right up.

Someone tells me I need a H/D, I am pretty sure I know what Ill say.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #54 - 06/19/08 at 16:34:26

ha, thats pretty good...

IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #55 - 06/19/08 at 16:37:05

Everyone has a HD. They used to make a statement, now anyone from an attourney to a highschool kid has one.

07 S40
  IP Logged
fishtail
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 06/19/08 at 22:41:11

In my view, a Savage/S40 is a true non-conformist bike and keeps alive the original spirit behind motorcycle riding.  Like has been said, everyone owns a Harley or some other overweight ego machine.  I have more respect for people who aren't afraid to blaze a new trail rather just ride down the same old "safe" or "cool" road.  

That's my 2 pennies on the matter anyway.  Grin

The poor have little, beggars none; the rich too much, enough not one.
-Benjamin Franklin
  IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #57 - 06/20/08 at 05:01:58

Next time you walk by the HD's, hit all of their kill switches.

07 S40
  IP Logged
mo.goad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 06/20/08 at 08:36:24

Over the past week since I made this topic I've had some very positive attitudes by fellow bike-riding workers towards my '06 S40. A couple of em were talking about a newer bike that HD is making (cant remember the name of it...darn short-term memory is fading) thats based on a older design with the springs on the front forks and they were talking about its great looks other than the back fender. It all kinda fell in place and I seized the moment as I told them that older design is cool as long as you dont have to pay extra or same as modern tech for it as that HD seemed to be doing according to the price they told me it was going for, then went on to tell them my bike is a "throwback" to the older days back in the 60's and early 70's  with the Triumphs, BSAs, Nortons, etc. but mine is a much better single cylinder than the old classics ( they dont understand the terminology of "Thumper,"One Lung" ). I could see in their eyes they were going back in time and they both reminisced about a relative having a BSA and bragging how fast it was and the admiration was seen along with a big grin! At that moment I knew I had em and the heckling from them immediately ceased. Another one in the process of getting a big bike told me " I know I kid ya bout your bike now but, I wont be kidding ya probably the first time I fill my tank. Another one has a custom "Big Dog"..."PitBull" model bike with SnSs biggest engine and it does look/sound awesome but that is as far as it goes. He bought a scooter later to ride back and forth to work LOL. And to put sugar on top, even with his rare sortie to work on his "Big Dog", it seems my S40 gets more attention than his BD at work! It seems that as some has mentioned, there is just something bout the Thumper or the "Rebel Mentality" (which I find pleasing as I'm from MS. I know, I know, a out of South person can still be one, I have never been a follow the crowd kinda guy) of it that is in effect here. Definitely some newfound respect. Moral of the story is, I believe the light is starting to break through their clouded minds. Kinda sad in a way though as I was waiting for the chance to tell some after looking at my bike with their teasing insult then, I look at their bike, then looking them in their eyes and tell em " Sorry bout your Pecker man! lol  

Take care all

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #59 - 06/20/08 at 08:55:01

4carbcorvair wrote on 06/20/08 at 05:01:58:
Next time you walk by the HD's, hit all of their kill switches.

ROTFLOL!!!    I bet half of them will call for a tow truck to have it sent in for service!

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:28:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Heckled S40 Rider..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.