Dyna Muffler Mod (Read 144 times)
northshore_paul

Keep it
simple....less to
break!

South Louisiana
Dyna Muffler Mod
06/08/08 at 21:11:25

I have a Dyna muffler coming and was wondering if this will require a carb jet change from stock. If yes what would be the results of installing it before doing any carb changes? Oh yes, I have a stock 2006.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: Dyna Muffler Mod
Reply #1 - 06/09/08 at 03:15:03

I'm going thru something similar on my 1998.  Any time you make a change to the intake or exhaust flow, you should do a full retune on the carb.

Check out the tech section.

Consequences for not doing it?  Anything from nothing immediately noticeable to....burned valves/rings/seals, cracked piston, cracked head, injested exhaust valve, etc.  

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 06/09/08 at 07:22:50

If you haven't modified the carb yet,  buy the Jet kit Lancer sells in the Market place.  He has the best prices.    

If the Dyna muffler is a "stock" take off, then you will need at least a 150 Main, maybe the 152.5.  With the 150, you will need to adjust the needle spacer (white spacer).   With the 152.5, you would need to run it for a bit and check the plug to see if having the bigger main will give you enough mid-range on the needle to keep the white spacer.  It's right at the edge, so climate & altitude will play a factor in your needs.   You might need to have just a little off.  I suggest use washers so you can "go -back",  and make sure the washers fit in the little hole in the inside of the slide.  The first set I used didn't and I was be-fuddled why I was so rich.....  

If it's a Screaming Eagle Dyna, then you'll probably need the 152.5 main, and the 55 pilot jet, and will need to play with the white spacer.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
bhcarl
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/10/08 at 12:38:00

has anyone put on a dyna muffler without the carb jet changes and not had any bad effects?

IP Logged
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
Reply #4 - 06/10/08 at 13:22:03

bhcarl wrote on 06/10/08 at 12:38:00:
has anyone put on a dyna muffler without the carb jet changes and not had any bad effects?

yes

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:38:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Muffler Mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.