took trip!!! (Read 90 times)
streece
YaBB Newbies

2000,155main,55
pilot,screamin
eagle.

took trip!!!
06/04/08 at 11:36:34

i just finished a ride with four of my buddies from north central ky to panama city beach and back. Great ride we put about 1700 miles on in five days.  We stayed off the interstates for the most part and i actually averaged over 60 mpg throughout the trip.  i have done the chain conversion and have different breather, exhaust and jetted.  i have also done the sportster seat, and even though it was better than stock my rear was killing me after day one Angry.  so i went to walmart and bought a black neck pillow for less than $10 and that saved my life the rest of the trip Grin...set me up in the seat a little taller but was worth every penny.  on the trip back we rode a place called the dragons tail, it's hwy 129 on the north carolina tennessee border.  would have been a great ride if it was only the four of us but the danged crotch rockets really ruined it for us... they were out of control, this road is about a 25-30 mile stretch the dragons tail is an 11 mile strecth within and has 380 turns in that 11 miles, 30 mph zone, all double yellow..they would pass us in blind curves cut between us just crazy....i can say i rode it but i will say i will never go again. but overall we had a good ride and i wanted to share it with all of you.

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Re: took trip!!!
Reply #1 - 06/04/08 at 15:05:58

I'm about to do a long one too - 1700 miles round trip but thankfully without the Tail of the Dragon. Did it once in a cage many, many years ago and said I'd never do it again.

You are definitely braver than I.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: took trip!!!
Reply #2 - 06/04/08 at 15:24:15

Hard to beleive it's beach time already, sounds like you had a great ride.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:25:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › took trip!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.