Sonoma_Red_06
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

St Charles, MO
New to me, 2006 S40
05/31/08 at 17:42:39

Hello Everyone,

Decided to get back into riding after being away for 25 years.  Saw an S40 at the bike shop when I took my brother there to pick up his new 2006 Honda Shadow 1100. Fell in love with it, the S40, but I was not in the market for a new bike.  So, I bought an '83 Yamaha XS400 Maxim from a kid down the street and kept an eye out for a Savage, I sorta liked the pre 05's with the sissy bar.  Well it is a year later but I found one, a 2006 Candy Sonoma Red one and it has a sissy bar.  It needed a little work but I can do that.

I have been watching this site and searching the internet, all year, reading about these bikes and just knew I would like it.

Put a factory windshield on it, bought some River Road slanted bags (braided), still need brackets or may make some out of stainless steel, put Dunlop 404's on 140/90-15 rear (changed side fender bolts).

Did the white spacer mod today, thanks to you guys, 1/3 spacer left but I think I will probably take it all out.  The brass plug had been removed and the screw is out 2 turns, had a few backfires if you shut the throttle down quick and a poof on shut down with the kill switch now and then.

I was happy with it before the spacer mod but it did surge at a steady throttle, the mod seems to have fixed that and improved acceleration.

It is better than I had hoped for, I am going to love it.

It makes me a happy 64 year old man!!!

Sonoma_Red_06

'06 Candy Sonoma Red - Factory Windshield - Chrome Road Lights - 1/3 Spacer Mod - Brass Plug Mod - Dunlop 404's - EBC 106 (Red) Brake Pads
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: New to me, 2006 S40
Reply #1 - 05/31/08 at 18:32:00

Welcome!  It sounds like you're on top of things.  Have fun!

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #2 - 05/31/08 at 18:34:30

"It makes me a happy 64 year young man!!!"

There, I fixed it for you. Welcome aboard!  Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Sonoma_Red_06
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

St Charles, MO
Reply #3 - 05/31/08 at 18:57:13

Thank You,

I was just out looking at it again before I shut the garage up.

Forgot to mention the chrome road lights that I got off ebay and hung from the windshield brackets, with polished stainless brackets made from a BBQ brush and a BBQ fork, centered on both sides of the headlight.  Haven't wired them up yet, still thinking about how I want them to work, key switched, only when bright is on?  I mainly wanted them for just looks anyway and don't want to cause any electrical load problems and the EBC 106 (red squeakless) front brake pads, they feel a little soft but I like the not squeaking.

Thinking about doing the seat mod as soon as I figure out how to support the middle of the seat

'06 Candy Sonoma Red - Factory Windshield - Chrome Road Lights - 1/3 Spacer Mod - Brass Plug Mod - Dunlop 404's - EBC 106 (Red) Brake Pads
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:27:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New to me, 2006 S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.