Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whining about a problem with my savage (Read 84 times)
shermeco

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Whining about a problem with my savage
05/30/08 at 12:20:19

Ok here we go
I have a 96 Savage and my problem is a whining noise when i shift into 4th and 5th gear with the throttle low it might also whine when i have the throttle higher but i cant hear it over the muffler and ideas
also i had my carb set perfect so there was no back firing while riding and randomly it will act up and want to back fire all the time when down shifting and letting off the throttle
any help would be great because when i get my parts from bikebandit i will be tearing the engine down to replace the plug/cap as well as rejeting so the more i can do at that time the better
thank you matt

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: Whining about a problem with my savage
Reply #1 - 05/30/08 at 20:19:15

an exhaust leak might be the cause of the backfiring. hold a lighter up to all the seams, while the bike is running, you should notice if theres a leak.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Whining about a problem with my savage
Reply #2 - 05/30/08 at 21:29:08

Is the backfire related to the weather?  Humidity and temp can make a difference.  Also elevation changes.  Perfect jetting is only perfect on perfect days.   That's why racers rejet for different times of day and different tracks.
The whine is probably just belt noise, I wouldn't worry.  You can try a little sanding on the belt edges or some wax and see if it goes away.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:28:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Whining about a problem with my savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.