Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
metzeler tire/tyre(for those too cool to say tire) (Read 243 times)
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: metzeler tire/tyre(for those too cool to say t
Reply #15 - 05/31/08 at 13:32:32

Hmmm...  Sandy + Peg Drag = Peg Leg.
I drive like old people, uh, ummm... dance!  Slow and careful.

Thanks John.  

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 05/31/08 at 13:35:31

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 05/31/08 at 12:44:56:
My bike has IRC tires, which were new when I bought it.  So, roughly 1500 miles on them.  First of all, do you recommend that I change them out, with the incumbent hassle?  Is there that much difference?Secondly, if I don't, is there a way to preserve the spare tires for when I wear out the IRCs?

Look at from an economic prospective.  Those IRC's are new and good for 5-10k miles (search and confirm) How many years can you put them on the shelf?  OK, other side of the coin.  Parts bike tires are of unknown age and have x miles on them.  How long are they going to last on the shelf?  If you can just swap tires and rims between the bikes, I'd go with the unknowns and use them up 1st.  That's if you're going to keep both bikes.  Even if you're going to sell them, nobody going to give you much for used tires, use'em up.

WWW   IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #17 - 05/31/08 at 13:44:37

Another good point.  I have yet to dismount a rim from either bike.  I might do it just for practice.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 05/31/08 at 14:01:14

There is nothing wrong with the IRC tires that come on the s40 they don't follow the grooves in the road when they wear down to about 1/4 life left they will follow the grooves thats when its time to change. I just got new tires for my Suzuki Vl 1500 .after reading all the reviews I could fine I went with the Pirelli MT 66 Route tires good reports and also a light weight tire which will mean less unsprung weight so it should ride better.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
de_zuki_too
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/31/08 at 16:50:50

vtail wrote on 05/31/08 at 11:53:32:
No, just stick the tube in Wink

ah swell, I pm'd youzguys as well and he said the same thing. Well then, guess the only thing I can do is wait for the fedex guy/gal. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:31:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › metzeler tire/tyre(for those too cool to say tire)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.