Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Comfort Suggestions (not to beat a dead horse) (Read 443 times)
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Re: Comfort Suggestions (not to beat a dead horse)
Reply #15 - 05/28/08 at 10:47:56

if you're cruising along long flat stretches and such, maybe look into a throttle lock.  It would allow her to take her hand off for a bit and shake it out.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #16 - 05/28/08 at 12:07:29

I use a vista-cruise, easy to install, inexpensive ($32) and works great for 6000 miles on my S40 and 29000 miles on my interstate so far Wink

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
pgman

Central Florida
Reply #17 - 05/28/08 at 18:02:42

Vista Cruise...I like that idea.

The wingerline bar - do you know if it sticks out far enough to protect the pedals / pegs?  That looks pretty good, although I don't know if my wife would use highway pegs (even if I did add them) because she likes the floorboards so much.

By the way, I don't know much about the Patriot Guard.  My handle goes way back to the early days of Internet billboards.  I called myself PGMAN because I was such a fanatic proponent of Honda's Programmed Gas Management fuel-injection system (PGM-FI).  I know - that is the LAMEST thing anyone has ever heard  Huh.  It's true - I am a total nerd.  See, I used to help a friend restore Honda cars (back when they only made three models).  He would buy cars with minor to moderate body damage or mechanical issues (but clean titles) fix them up and re-sell them.  There was a waiting list for his cars because they were clean as new, often with fresh paint and they were always mechanically sound.  I was barely old enough to drive, but I started helping him because I enjoyed working on cars so much.  Anyway, the premium Honda fuel-injection system was somewhat unique and, in my opinion, technically superior to most of the others on the market.  I won't go into the agonizing technical details that led me to form that opinion.  Suffice to say that the others (from GM, Ford, Chrysler and even the other Japanese brands) generally used the same basic feedback architecture to manage fuel mixture - PGM-FI had some interesting (and brilliant) twists.  I was such a fan, that I called myself pgMan the first time I joined a discussion board.  I guess it stuck.  Oddly enough, I don't own a single Honda vehicle anymore - go figure.

Hers: 2003 Shadow VT750DC
His: 2008 Star XVS1100 Custom
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #18 - 05/29/08 at 09:12:46

pgman wrote on 05/28/08 at 18:02:42:
Vista Cruise...I like that idea.

The wingerline bar - do you know if it sticks out far enough to protect the pedals / pegs?  That looks pretty good, although I don't know if my wife would use highway pegs (even if I did add them) because she likes the floorboards so much.

To my understanding the "Wingerline" does extend far enough out to protect the pegs and hopefully  the "LEGS" of the person. And is the only one I know made for the Savage ,that is that long of a bar. The others made for the Savage is not that long. I'm thinking those are 28" long.
The engine guard made for the Savage/S40 is around 15"!

Savage Rob has one and pics here. You can check me on the length to make sure Smiley

But this one seems to be the best of all I've looked at .I wouldnt be using them to add pegs necessarily...but for possible protection. Smiley

And your wife may also like the added "Chrome" Wink(Just a thought)

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #19 - 05/30/08 at 02:28:49

vtail wrote on 05/28/08 at 12:07:29:
I use a vista-cruise, easy to install, inexpensive ($32) and works great for 6000 miles on my S40 and 29000 miles on my interstate so far Wink

Hey Vtail this looks great! I found it available online but there are 2 listed. One for 7/8" clamp and one for 1 " clamp. Do you have a clue which one I should get?

At that price I think it would make my long trip very manageable.

IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #20 - 05/30/08 at 03:16:02

Duh! Sorry I figured it out. 1"  Smiley

I'm going to order it today.

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #21 - 05/30/08 at 08:53:46

You'd have to trim the rubber insert and move your brakehandle a little inwards.  Adjust it so it holds throttle when you set it, but you can still override it, in other words turn the thottle either way without taking the friction off Wink Wink Before buying online (incl freight) check with your MC dealer on cost. I found it similar priced and if you'd bought the wrong or a bad one, with your dealer you can return it instantly Wink

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #22 - 05/30/08 at 10:15:44

Sorry I think in two many languages - my awesome local mechanic stocks them and I 'ordered' it to be put in the mix for next week when I take it is to have it serviced before my big trip. Pretty cool!

I also need new brake pads...

I have a cracked turn signal housing so I ordered that myself so I can get it on this weekend. They had just ordered from the distributors and it was going to be about a week and a half so I got it from bike bandit in 2 days. It's held together with duct tape.

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #23 - 05/30/08 at 11:19:35

I replaced my stock grips with some cheap foam type that you can get on the internet or local m/c store.  I needed to replace my stock one's and wasn't ready to invest in good ones yet, so I bought those as temporary ones.  But they are much more comfortable than the stock grips were, larger in diameter, less vibration, more grab/friction meant I was gripping less with them.

These are exactly like the ones I bought...cheap to try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories___MOTORCYCLE-SOFT-GRIP-HAND-...;

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
machz54
YaBB Newbies

toronto,canada
Reply #24 - 05/30/08 at 15:17:28

Have same problem with clutch hand and find that if I don't stretch the muscles in my upper back and shoulders properly before   I ride it drives me crazy, if I spend a few minutes and do it no problem.
Try that and see if it helps...and its Free...Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:10:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Comfort Suggestions (not to beat a dead horse)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.