Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What would happen if I just leave it stock? (Read 525 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: What would happen if I just leave it stock?
Reply #30 - 05/29/08 at 16:58:57

Thanks for the listing. Lindale isnt too far, really. We lived there a couple of years ago. I bet I know where this one is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #31 - 05/29/08 at 21:08:04

AlittelBird, sorry to hear about the son. The dad sounds like a real gem.

Justin_o_guy2, that came out of cycle trader. Just a couple of weeks ago, they had multiple listings all over north Texas. You could get a sweet deal for about $3,000.00; but with gas going up the way it is, I guess those are going quick. There were only 6 in a 150 mile range of your zip. Kymco sells some really nice 250's, but I'd be concerned about your wife's ability to keep up with the Savage. 70mph is about the limit for those. The Xciting has more than enough umph at 500cc, and a carborator, but I still would favor the Majesty. Valves and drive belt are on about the same schedule (last time I priced a belt it was 'bout $85.00, and is a do-it-yourself IF you have impact tools; but that was for a Kymco). I still think the Maj is a better deal. That one I sent you looks good...on paper anyway. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 05/29/08 at 21:24:01

IF she gets a ride, it wont be for her to keep up with me, it will be me, making a pace that she will be comfortable with.

Yea, I have the impacts & stuff. With an impact I was able to install the clutch pack without having to back up the engine. Handy stuff, air tools. A low buck compressor & a 1/2 inch & a 3/8th impact & suddenly, the toolchest just got a lot friendlier. Air ratchets are great, too.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #33 - 05/29/08 at 22:48:42

justin_o_guy2,
In that case, there are some nice 250's by Kymco that I think might be worth a look. The 250 Xciting comes to mind, as does the Grandvista, or the People 250. I don't know much about the People 250S. Depending on price compared to the Majesty and your budget, that would be a viable alternative. There are some good deals to be had in the used market, though as with the Maj, they're going fast due to rising gas priices. plus you have a dealer so close. In fact, when mine developed a power issue, while still under warranty, that got too involed for my mechanic, the regional Kymco guy sent it to a shop somewhere near Tyler to get it fixed; so the knowledge base repair-wise is there. Good to know if you ever need back up. There is also a Kymco forum on Yahoo that, while no where near the level of this one, has some pretty knowledgable people on it. Like I said from the start though, personally if I had it to do over I'd have gotten the Maj.
I still haven't got my impact tools.....yet. Smiley Who knows father's day is just around the corner. (hmmmm. Maybe I should print this page and leave it out for the wife. Wink)
Ride safe,
Jay

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:21:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What would happen if I just leave it stock?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.