Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First oil change (Read 140 times)
gungho
YaBB Newbies

First oil change
05/26/08 at 12:50:32

I am not bad with a wrench, and even better if I have instructions. Smiley

I overfilled it and had to drain some out, but otherwise it went well.

Next up is the brake pads and replacing the footpegs, they are a bit bent.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: First oil change
Reply #1 - 05/26/08 at 13:12:39

I'd wait on the foot pegs until you scrape 'em down to the point your foot barely fits  Cheesy;D

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #2 - 05/27/08 at 04:08:47

If you're looking for footpegs, I found a pair of Highway Hawk rider pegs for $39.00 here: http://www.betterbikeparts.com/bbp-store/bmy_search.php?prevbrand=11&in_categ.... I actually called in the order as the website seemed a bit cheesy, but everything went fine. The also give you additional washers, which you're gonna need. Intsall took 10 minutes.

FSO
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #3 - 05/27/08 at 05:03:45

photojoe FSO wrote on 05/27/08 at 04:08:47:
If you're looking for footpegs, I found a pair of Highway Hawk rider pegs for $39.00 here: http://www.betterbikeparts.com/bbp-store/bmy_search.php?prevbrand=11&in_categ.... I actually called in the order as the website seemed a bit cheesy, but everything went fine. The also give you additional washers, which you're gonna need. Intsall took 10 minutes.

What do they look like?  I went to the site and "no image available" where the picture should be.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #4 - 05/27/08 at 05:33:22

forrest wrote on 05/27/08 at 05:03:45:
photojoe FSO wrote on 05/27/08 at 04:08:47:

What do they look like?  I went to the site and "no image available" where the picture should be.

There's another link to click on that shows the picture!("see details")

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
jomiyo

Thump or Bump!

Elmira, NY
Reply #5 - 05/27/08 at 05:43:33

this says they only fit on up to 2002...

i thought only the handle bars and seat have changed since then.

i cannot navigate that site very well either, do you know if they have a match for the passenger pegs?

'07 s40, White spacer removed, Jardine muffler, iron cross mirrors, Ed-L +4" controls, under seat bags- only on for trips, and 1 happy nut in the seat!
  IP Logged
wrenchbender

wild side of the Great Lk
Reply #6 - 05/27/08 at 08:32:37

I went to Ronayers and checked for a difference between a 2002 LS650 Savage and 2006 LS650, S40 footrest. They show the same part # for the front footrest bar, which unless I'm missing something would indicate to me they are interchangable.

I have yet to see a photo of the Highway Hawk rests in the above link as they do not display on my screen. Any photo I can find anywhere of either the HH733-310 Classic or HH733-311 Cushioned footrest for the LS650 appears to be either generic or the wrong peg. Did the pegs you received look exactly like the photo?

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #7 - 05/27/08 at 08:57:26

Should have mentioned that my Savage is a 1987. They're typical chrome w/black O-Ring pegs, didn't see any passenger pegs. They have the hook on the end to keep the pegs from sagging.

FSO
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #8 - 05/28/08 at 05:36:33

The pegs have the same design as the ones in the photo, but they're not exactly the pegs that I got. As I mentioned, the pegs arrived and have the hook on the end, and will mount the same as stock, with the addition of a couple of washers.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:28:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First oil change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.