Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Feasibility of a I4 Savage? (Read 131 times)
RyanRC187
YaBB Newbies

Feasibility of a I4 Savage?
05/26/08 at 12:41:10

I'll be up front and admit that while I absolutely love the looks of my '87 Savage, I am thoroughly disappointed with its power - Perhaps that is due to my fondness for sportbikes, but I digress.

To the point, I can get a pretty good deal on a Honda F4i engine/tranny/clutch/throttle body/etc... and was wondering if there was a chance I could fit this motor into the small frame of the Savage? In addition to a large swingarm, what other main components would be necessary to complete such a project that you can think of off-hand?

Also, has anyone undertaken such a project before? I've searched the forum and google'd it but no luck.

Thanks for any input.

USMC Student Naval Aviator
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: Feasibility of a I4 Savage?
Reply #1 - 05/26/08 at 13:23:21

What would be really neat is to fit four Savage engines into the frame  Cheesy

Seriously though, the Savage frame isn't designed for that kind of power.  I don't think they had FOUR TIMES THE POWER in mind when they designed the frame, and don't forget, the engine IS a load-bearing member.  I think the end result would be twitchy and unpredictable under power, and what do you do for braking?!?  Do you plan to put front and rear dual disks with 4-piston calipers under her?  The Savage brakes are ADEQUATE for 30 HP, maybe 45 HP if you're feeling festive.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but when you SERIOUSLY increase horsepower, you MUST give it the braking and rigidity to match.  I think your $$$ would be better spent with a different project.  My two cents... Wink  

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Feasibility of a I4 Savage?
Reply #2 - 05/26/08 at 16:01:43

not only $$$ but barrys' ass too would be better spent....

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:26:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Feasibility of a I4 Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.