Send Topic Print
New S40 (Read 72 times)
SuziQ

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oshawa, Ontario Canada
New S40
05/26/08 at 05:10:19

Saturday was a great day for a ride, breaking in a new motorcycle.  Headed to our condo a 100 km trip to Bobcaygeon, smooth roads, clear sky, 0% chance of rain, 60 degree temps, transversing rural Southern Ontario countryside.  Fueled with Sunoco Plus, 89 octane and the engine immediately seemed to run better than on whatever the dealer had dribbled into the tank.  Varying the throttle between 60 and 85 kph the engine is freeing up nicely and especially the transmission.  There does seem to be a propensity for the infamous 'backfire' through the exhaust but it hasn't actually done so but I smooth the revs out when downshifting, a carry over from riding my more powerful VFR.  Each time the ignition is shut down there is one 'puff' in the silencer. I was asked 'why are you riding that thing when you have a super smooth fast VFR home in the garage'.  I thought about the question for awhile and came up with the reason I bought the S40, that being I wanted a motorcycle that would let me know I had been for a ride and it does just that.  Anyone who loves motorcycles sure would enjoy riding this one

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New S40
Reply #1 - 05/26/08 at 11:00:28

Yep, it lets you know. Its raw.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:25:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.