Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Japanese riser spacing for Harley handlebars (Read 477 times)
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Japanese riser spacing for Harley handlebars
05/25/08 at 16:17:03

I saw some really nice handlebars in a local bike shop and bought them, only to discover that while Harley have a 3.5” separation on their risers, the Savage has a 100mm spacing.  darn.

But, I really liked the bars and wanted to use them, so decided to find a way to fit them to the Savage.  You could probably do this by welding up and re-forming your top yoke, but this mod allows you to keep the yoke standard and swap to Harley bars.

1 – Nice bars (dumb dog) but they don’t fit the bike.
2 – Turned down some plugs from stainless steel with 1/2x20AF threads to fit the Harley bars.
3 – Fitted the plugs with studlock then offset drilled them to give me the spacing I needed to fit the little Suzuki.
4 – End result – 10mm threads offset by 6.25mm to line up with the Suzuki top yoke – used the original bolts from the LS but removed the hex heads and threaded the ends.  

Can’t wait to see them fitted (my front end is apart for polishing right now so it will be a couple of weeks before I can put her all back together – should have the bike all done and running by mid-June).

« Last Edit: 07/11/12 at 12:02:17 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 21:43:21

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Japanese riser spacing for Harley handlebars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.