Send Topic Print
drag bars!! (Read 355 times)
the riddler
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

drag bars!!
05/23/08 at 22:16:19

just wondering if anyone here has swapped their buckhorns for drag bars . also how much did it run you and what kind of drag bars did you choose....dopes!!!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: drag bars!!
Reply #1 - 05/24/08 at 14:46:41

yep, i've done it.
you'll need the risers too or it will hit the tank.  otherwise every thing goes on ok, just a little long.  and unless you got real narrow shoulders or really long stems on your mirrors, seeing behind you won't be an option.
I ended up with low rise bars on the high risers.

WWW   IP Logged
bacon13
YaBB Newbies

Minnesota
Reply #2 - 05/25/08 at 21:33:44

I'm waiting on mine to arrive in mail. I bought them on ebay for $25 bucks.

IP Logged
RyanRC187
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 05/26/08 at 12:22:48

Mine were about $15 online. Sorry about the picture quality but I think it makes the bike look so much better. I've got big plans for her.  Cool

USMC Student Naval Aviator
  IP Logged
bacon13
YaBB Newbies

Minnesota
Reply #4 - 05/28/08 at 13:53:24

Mine arrived and look like they will work fine. I need different risers, seems like 4" risers will work from what I read on the "search" results. The 29" bars will hit the tank w/o higher risers.

I don't know how to find 4" risers that will work with my '87. Is this something you buy based on the year/make of bike? I know others have modified HD risers but I don't want to go that route.

IP Logged
wrenchbender

wild side of the Great Lk
Reply #5 - 05/28/08 at 14:03:33

bacon13 wrote on 05/28/08 at 13:53:24:
....I don't know how to find 4" risers that will work with my '87. Is this something you buy based on the year/make of bike? I know others have modified HD risers but I don't want to go that route.

Perhaps there is a site that matches the LS650 to aftermarket risers? I was looking at risers earlier this week and believe after measuring the LS650 uses a 10mm stud. I had considered these which would bolt up thru the bottom.
http://www.betterbikeparts.com/bbp-store/catalog/Risers-4-with-M10-thread-p-8...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/28/08 at 14:23:44

Used ones show up every so often.

But you can make your own, a couple of 19mm deep sockets make a nice substitute.  Just buy a couple of sockets and new studs to match.

WWW   IP Logged
tonefight
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Central, Pa
Reply #7 - 05/28/08 at 16:16:41

Actually my wife wants to swap her 05 drag bars out for the old style, if anyone is close to ebensburg, pa we could make an even swap. She isn't going to give her bike up for a couple weeks to make a swap though. Otherwise has anyone done this and will the cables all fit ok ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 05/28/08 at 16:20:02

I dont go in drag bars OR sissy bars.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #9 - 05/28/08 at 16:45:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/28/08 at 16:20:02:
I dont go in drag bars OR sissy bars.

Oh,sure you do!  Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #10 - 05/28/08 at 16:48:30

RyanRC....that's a nice looking bike! Any more pics?

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 05/28/08 at 18:05:48

I like the LOOK of the naked belt, BUT, knowing ( I am missing a finger) what unprotected machinery CAN do, I wouldnt do that.

I reached for the governor on a Detroit diesel while the Turbo was spun up TIGHT, it had just been wound up, & doing a tune up requires removing the intake stack from the turbo, leaving it open. It sucked my hand in. I saw pictures of 3 other mechanics who made the same mistake, they lost 2 fingers, because it was turning slow enough to NOT destroy the blades & the suction. The bones broke 5 of the 7 primary blades. There IS a guard, just for this operation. The company I worked for didnt own  NOT ONE, nor was this ever a topic in a safety meeting. BUT, do Not feel sad for me. I KNEW when it happened it was for a reason. less than 2 months later, the oilfield crashed & the $$$ I got kept my family together!

I Just really like Beer & yardwork! I cant get a DWI driving a lawnmower in the yard.. yet.

HEY, Free Spirit!!! ( dont you go a tellin on me now! Wink)

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Soulrebel
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/28/08 at 19:44:16

Tonefight, I'm In Cali, but I will trade if you'd like. I will even ship first, if that is an issue. Let me know. Cool

IP Logged
tonefight
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Central, Pa
Reply #13 - 05/28/08 at 20:07:53

Hey soulrebel, I figured out from another post that I can use the stock risers minus the stems if i get some shorter bolts. Since those will work, we have a MC junkyard not too far from here if I find something decent there I'll go that route if not maybe we can make a swap. If I find something local I can give you an extremely good deal on the 05 stems and drag bars.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #14 - 05/28/08 at 20:15:48

Ehh... you guys talking about swapping bars: yes it is true that the stems from the high risers for the drag bars can be removed; then they can be used as short risers; but what you might as well do: is trade bars AND risers with each other and keep the risers that belong together with the bars. Prevents anyone from having to shop for hardware. All the wires and hoses etc... should reach fine on the other's bike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:21:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › drag bars!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.