Valkyrie seat (Read 375 times)
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Re: Valkyrie seat
Reply #15 - 05/25/08 at 10:42:09

Thanks for the warning. I've been watching it and don't see any cracks yet.

We're at the mercy of time, and time don't got no mercy.
  IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #16 - 05/25/08 at 13:23:58

Thanks for the heads up verslagen. I had ridden the bike like this for probably 500 miles, but when I got home today from a 50 mile ride it was cracked and ready to fall off. I made a bracket and put it on the lower shock mount.

IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #17 - 05/27/08 at 16:16:29

ok i got the Valkyrie seat today. I mounted it, and it's great. I rode over bumps on purpose, and barely felt them. As of now i don't even think i need better shocks. I have no rear fender but it would work with one, but i doubt you could have a passenger seat. The seat is probably 2 inches higher, which isn't a problem for me at 5'9" in fact i like it better. My knees are below my hips. The seat is also wider so a shorter person would probably have a problem. I can set on the seat with feet flat on road and my knees are still bent. I took pictures but now i can't find them anywhere except the kodak program and i cant download or is it upload from there. This is a wonderful seat. [img]http://i282.pl

« Last Edit: 05/27/08 at 18:09:26 by gj859 »  

IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #18 - 05/27/08 at 18:30:33

ok i know i'm being a pest, but i think this is a link to pic [img]http://i282.pl   but i don't know how to turn it red so you can click it.  thanks   http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/gj859

IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #19 - 05/27/08 at 19:00:24

I did it. If anyone has any Q just ask.

IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #20 - 05/27/08 at 20:34:18

How did you mount the seat?  Can you describe how you made the attachment points?

IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #21 - 05/28/08 at 02:55:47

Keith_T wrote on 05/27/08 at 20:34:18:
How did you mount the seat?  Can you describe how you made the attachment points?

Thanks for asking keith. I was afraid this seat would overwhelm the savage, but it really looks good in person. The new seat has 2 slots in the bottom so i got some 1 1/4" heavy gauge flat stock and worked it through these slots then bent it around ( very hard to bend) drilled holes where they needed to be, and used th fender mounting holes and bolts. On the front of the seat there is a hook so i put an eyebolt on that, drilled a hole just above the gas tank mount put the bolt through and put a nut on it, but it should have a nut on each side. I can't tell you just how good this seat is. I'm sure you know you can click on each picture and enlarge, but don't judge me to harshly i know i still have a lot of work to do. I think i may at sometime have a fringe put on the seat to cover the empty space below the seat. If there is real interest in this seat i can take it back apart and take better pics. This is not for everyone but i love this seat.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:16:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Valkyrie seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.