Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Dyna muffler, need to re-jet? (Read 123 times)
rkdygert
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Dyna muffler, need to re-jet?
05/14/08 at 08:27:44

So I just bought a HD Dyna Superglide muffler on ebay and I want to get everbody's opinion about re-jetting.  Right now the bike is stock (haven't even adjusted the mixture screw).  Will the Dyna muffler be different enough to need new jets or can I just adjust the carb?

Thanks,
-Ryan

IP Logged
jomiyo

Thump or Bump!

Elmira, NY
Re: New Dyna muffler, need to re-jet?
Reply #1 - 05/14/08 at 08:44:03

I am new with all of this  carb stuff, so i have been reading everything i can find out.   I still don't have the courage to start wrenching or else i would be doing it.

You should plan on opening up the carb.   with that new exhaust the backfire will probably get to you fairly quick.    i suggest doing a search on "white spacer"  that should give you the info your are looking for.   then depending on your altitude you may or may not need to re-jet, but you will need to fiddle with the mixture.

'07 s40, White spacer removed, Jardine muffler, iron cross mirrors, Ed-L +4" controls, under seat bags- only on for trips, and 1 happy nut in the seat!
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #2 - 06/16/08 at 12:36:36

Sorry, I'm a little late to this post.  You may not have to re-jet, but you will definitely need to adjust your idle mixture and your idle speed.  If it's a new bike then there will be a brass plug covering the screw that you will have to remove.  There's a good chance you'll have to do the white-spacer mod as well.  Some folks on here have elminitated the backfire without the white-spacer mod, but I couldn't.

Do some searches on re-jetting, white-spacer, idle mixture screw, etc. and you'll find lots of easy to understand step-by-step instructions.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #3 - 06/16/08 at 14:33:18

One token of info I've experienced on my bike, and remembered from days-gone-by...

When you open up the exhaust, your idle will automatically be richer and WOT will lean-out as a general rule.

After I put the 16" turnout on mine, I had to lean out the idle significantly, and now I'm looking for a 150 main jet to replace the stock 145.   Cool

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 06/16/08 at 14:50:04

I've never notice an idle being richer when you open exhaust.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:18:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Dyna muffler, need to re-jet?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.