Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
That single cylinder has the gang pointing fingers (Read 1764 times)
Charlie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Galt, CA
Re: That single cylinder has the gang pointing fin
Reply #15 - 05/12/08 at 20:52:36

IP Logged
jomiyo

Thump or Bump!

Elmira, NY
Reply #16 - 05/13/08 at 06:04:20

I actually bought my S40 in Cali, i took it up and down the coast via Rt 1 (my avatar picture is about an hour south of san fran on rt 1)

It was amazing!      but i had a friend with me most of the time who had a little 250 honda, so that kept me down a little.   after i lost him it was all good thump'n fun.

'07 s40, White spacer removed, Jardine muffler, iron cross mirrors, Ed-L +4" controls, under seat bags- only on for trips, and 1 happy nut in the seat!
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #17 - 05/13/08 at 06:30:50

A "Aprilia 1000R Milla "   Shocked  Shocked

The Savage isn't a sport bike,   on the twisties your "friend and his group" will leave you in the dust.....  but.....  at the end ot the day thier shoulders will be hurting, knee's a little stiff too.  Their butts might not hurt but thier groin muscles might be sore.  
 As for comfort ...  a guy at work has a big Ducati sport bike.   He said he only drives it to work becuase it hurts if he goes for too long.
   I went on a ride with my Savage, a Honde 750 Shadow Spirit  and two sport bikes, a BMW 1200 (something) and a Honda 929 .   The way the sport bikes drove,  I could see why there are MC accident reports in the news.    Half way thru the ride they had to take a break, too much work riding "hard".   The Shadow rider and I were like, "let's get going.... we came to ride..."   they gave us a look that could kill...    Grin

« Last Edit: 05/13/08 at 13:13:40 by T Mack 1 - FSO »  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #18 - 05/13/08 at 06:31:14

Marina -

Yes, my seat is a stock one.  I will investigate more about a gel seat soon.  I have only ridden my S40 about 200 miles since I got it a few weeks ago.  Here in Ohio, we're still in the rainy and chilly season - it'll be another couple of weeks before the weather gets more dependable.

Up until about 5 years ago, I was a dedicated bicyclist, and went thru several iterations of saddles until I was comfortable.  But, of course, guys have different issues, particularly on bicycle saddles.  It was a physical injury caused by male anatomy that caused me to give up bicycling.  At my age (mid 50s then), there is a huge correlation between prostate trauma and bicycles.

And, after I take the MSF course in two more weeks, then I'll get serious about the seat.

I really don't anticipate many, if any, really long road trips.  I bought the bike for fun, for riding 32 miles round trip to the airport on weekends, and a once in a while commute to work, 18 miles round trip, running errands, and that sort of thing.  My wife will never get on it with me.

So, my concerns about long range comfort weren't all that great.  I wanted a smallish bike (almost bought a Rebel) that I can re-learn on, but with enough power to cruise if I want to, and give me the other benefits of some power without buying a huge machine.  To me, the S40 fits those needs very well.

Good luck with your decision.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #19 - 05/13/08 at 12:54:58

Jerry --

I so agree with you on the bicycle seats.  All mine are now of the split style.  Much more comfortable once you break in to them.

I've actually been applying some of the "split saddle" principle to my Triumph.  The flat seat on it is actually domed, putting pressure just where I don't want it.  Removing support from the center has helped.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #20 - 05/13/08 at 13:11:53

I've seen that pic before....isnt that a guy from Germany(or another country?)(Sorry,didnt see the link before posting!)

I do like the girls custom bike on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amUGBflWrsc&feature=related

(Dont like the background music much though,I really wanted to hear the muffler better!)

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 05/13/08 at 16:34:13

Yeah, that bike is from Germany.  If you want the longer fork tubes like that you might talk to Rockin' John.  I believe that one of his bikes has that mod.  The rear fender looks to be a trailer fender.  Those have the distinction of being inexpensive, so if you screw one up, go spend another $30 and start over.  Eventually, mine will have a swing arm mounted trailer fender instead of the big heavy thing  that is on there now.  Welcome to the board!

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #22 - 05/13/08 at 23:26:50

I have driven 8 hours straight on the savage.  I have not noticed the vibrations to cause discomfort.  It has to be more comfortable than a crotch rocket.  Good luck!

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #23 - 05/13/08 at 23:57:39

What vibration?
The secret is to ride your bike every where,put your cage away for the summer, the seat a little tough at first but you get used to it,years ago a bike was my only means of transportation,after a while ether the seat adjust your butt or your butt adjust to your seat.
I don't have any vibration,so I don't know what to say about that.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
German_Leo
YaBB Newbies

A bikers work is
never done

Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Reply #24 - 05/14/08 at 01:20:54

Hi marina,

enjoy your first bike. The savage is realy a nice and god beginner bike. The Bike on the picture you post is mine (and thank you for voting  Smiley )

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1101450598/108#108

BTW: in several days it will be roll on a 21" front weel - in germany you need (for all modifikations!!) the OK from a Technical Inspection Agency  Undecided  :'(

I'm the owner of a little custom garage in Germany (near Frankfurt) and if you'r interrest to order a custom bike or to by the bike on the photo please contact me.

regards Leo

WWW   IP Logged
Finnishbobber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hellsinki, Finland
Reply #25 - 05/14/08 at 02:48:11

German_Leo wrote on 05/14/08 at 01:20:54:
Hi marina,

enjoy your first bike. The savage is realy a nice and god beginner bike. The Bike on the picture you post is mine (and thank you for voting  Smiley )

BTW: in several days it will be roll on a 21" front weel - in germany you need (for all modifikations!!) the OK from a Technical Inspection Agency  Undecided  :'(

I'm the owner of a little custom garage in Germany (near Frankfurt) and if you'r interrest to order a custom bike or to by the bike on the photo please contact me.

regards Leo

Hello there Leo

Indeed thats one rocking bike. I was wondering where have you installed your battery in that?

IP Logged
German_Leo
YaBB Newbies

A bikers work is
never done

Reply #26 - 05/14/08 at 03:36:28

ou can put the Batt under the frame - use a gel-bat

Leo

Quote:
Hello there Leo

Indeed thats one rocking bike. I was wondering where have you installed your battery in that?

WWW   IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #27 - 05/14/08 at 03:51:01

German_Leo wrote on 05/14/08 at 01:20:54:
Hi marina,

regards Leo

Leo,  Great job on the custom.  I noticed the frame head looks stock but you are running a severely offset triple tree to get your rake.  Did you design that or is that from somewhere else?

Keep up the great builds!

Smokin-Blue
(PS: check out the link in my signature line for customs of a different flavor)

WWW   IP Logged
German_Leo
YaBB Newbies

A bikers work is
never done

Reply #28 - 05/14/08 at 05:28:31

Thanx  S-Blue,

use a 13° Fischer or AME triple tree. In Germany it's very expensive to build self-constructed bikeparts because each part of it must be checked and approved from the Technical Inspection Agency (for each biketype). So - one costom part e.g. triple tree for one biketype will be cost ca. 8000-15.000 $. After that you get the papers for selling (sellinglicence). It's too much for me...

but the design would be easy  Wink

Ciao Leo

Quote:
Leo,  Great job on the custom.  I noticed the frame head looks stock but you are running a severely offset triple tree to get your rake.  Did you design that or is that from somewhere else?

Keep up the great builds!

Smokin-Blue
(PS: check out the link in my signature line for customs of a different flavor)

WWW   IP Logged
Finnishbobber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hellsinki, Finland
Reply #29 - 05/14/08 at 05:37:54

German_Leo wrote on 05/14/08 at 03:36:28:
ou can put the Batt under the frame - use a gel-bat

Leo

Quote:
Hello there Leo

Leo, do you happen to have more pictures of that bike???

And about the bat, doesnt it hit the ground for example going over the concrete edge at the parking area (i always have to do that when I come to my work place)?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:30:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › That single cylinder has the gang pointing fingers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.