Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
So you want a bigger bike... (Read 539 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: So you want a bigger bike...
Reply #15 - 05/21/08 at 12:54:42

mpescatori wrote on 05/21/08 at 06:47:09:
Paladin, where on Earth did you find a Fiat 600 to park next to ?  They're rare even in Italy !!!
This is Los Angeles, the home city of car nuts.  While not an everyday thing, it is not unusual to see anything on the road from a stock Model-T to the various exotics from Europe.

The only bigger bike I would accept would be a Harley 45 Flathead.  Since that will happen when I win the Lotto, it'll be parked next to the only cage I would accept, a Caterham.

WWW   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 05/22/08 at 01:52:05

VTail, you have a Vespa 400 ?
Shocked

Cool Cool Cool !!!

Did you know the car was killed by FIAT ? Apparently Fiat made such pressure on Piaggio they only made very few...
"Drop the minicar or else we produce a better scooter..."

The kind of offer they just couldn't refuse... Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #17 - 05/22/08 at 12:03:36

mpescatori wrote on 05/22/08 at 01:52:05:
VTail, you have a Vespa 400 ?
Shocked

Cool Cool Cool !!!

Did you know the car was killed by FIAT ? Apparently Fiat made such pressure on Piaggio they only made very few...
"Drop the minicar or else we produce a better scooter..."

The kind of offer they just couldn't refuse... Tongue

Yep I know, and they build them in France just south of Paris to avoid the dreaded Italien export taxes as to keep the price down.
Mine is a Euro model bought new and brought back by a GI and still has the french yellow headlights instead of the ugly big sealed beams required in the US. Freaks people out when they flash their lights and I flash back on highbeam in yellow. Wink

« Last Edit: 05/22/08 at 14:24:26 by vtail »  

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 05/22/08 at 13:39:22

vtail wrote on 05/21/08 at 09:47:55:
Hey I had a Fiat 600 while in the service. Also had a BMW Isetta, a Subaru 360, a couple of Honda 600's and I still have the one below bought in 1970 from the first owner, a 1960 Vespa 400, very rare even in Italy. Smiley and smaller than the even the Fiat 500. Wink

Did you bring it back in your duffle bag?

WWW   IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #19 - 05/22/08 at 14:21:53

verslagen1 wrote on 05/22/08 at 13:39:22:
vtail wrote on 05/21/08 at 09:47:55:
Hey I had a Fiat 600 while in the service. Also had a BMW Isetta, a Subaru 360, a couple of Honda 600's and I still have the one below bought in 1970 from the first owner, a 1960 Vespa 400, very rare even in Italy. Smiley and smaller than the even the Fiat 500. Wink

Did you bring it back in your duffle bag?

Maybe he did.
Actually he had it shipped to NY in 1960 and then drove it in 3 days to Oklahoma City. Top speed is about 60 but it takes a while, holds 50 to 55 nicely(on the flats) at about 4400 rpm. (2 cyl,2stroke, roller crank)
I was stationed at Tinker AFB in the late 60's and I kept seeing it run around the base and I kept bugging him to sell to me. So finally in 1970 he sold it to me for $300.  In the last year two of them, nicely restored (mine is origional except for seat material) went thru the auction, one at $20k and the other at $21k, So, It not for sale. Besides it gets lots of attention. Pulled up next to a Ferrari at a local bar. He might have looked cool, but I stole the show and then continued to give the best looking women a ride to his dismay. Grin

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 05/22/08 at 17:01:28

Well, I'd like to weigh in on the whole wanting a bigger Bike thing ... Rode a Sportster at Demo Daze last summer and that got me thinkin' ... ironically a few days later a co-worker offered me his '06 S50 (VS800) for a price that was too good to pass up ... so, I sold my beloved '03 Savage and bought the Boulevard ...
Is the VS a better Bike than the LS? Well, the VS handles better at speed and can cruise all day at 120kph on the highway no trouble ... but it's top heavy and the saddle is higher ... and 'lil 'ol me has to be more careful backing it up outa my shed or into a parking space. I've already dropped it, bashing off a rear turn signal Sad ... and the S50, while a sharp lookin' Bike does not even come close to matching the Savage/S40 for overall "character" ... for 99% of the Riding I do, the Savage fit the bill nicely ... and lately, I find myself missing my '03 Sad

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #21 - 05/22/08 at 17:37:21

I considered a 883 HD sport but could not justify my $.

If I rode more interstate maybe, they do get pretty good mpg on the open road.

I really wish I could get a 4 gal tank for the savage. I hate to have to stop every 100 miles.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:23:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So you want a bigger bike...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.