Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Rider, New s40 owner (Read 112 times)
Dennis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Rider, New s40 owner
05/08/08 at 20:32:37

Hello everyone!

Here is my introduction post.

I'm 32, live in Poulsbo, Washington (kinda near Seattle).

Just passed my MSF course last week, and bought a 2007 s40(white!). I haven't ridden before (aside from a little mini-bike our family had when I was a kid).

Just got back from my first real ride on the road, (after a few hours getting the feel of the bike around my neighborhood) and it was amazing. This bike is very friendly to a novice, and I look forward to riding it for many years to come.

I looked and sat on quite a few different bikes, but the information and folks on this forum is what pushed it into the number one spot, and I'm glad I bought it.

I ordered the CD, and have the Clymer service manual, so I also look forward to getting my hands dirty when the time comes.

I want to thank the folks on the forum in advance, this is a great community with a ton of great information!

- Dennis

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: New Rider, New s40 owner
Reply #1 - 05/08/08 at 21:19:40

Welcome, Dennis.  This is a great forum, and I'm thankful to John H. for providing it.  You should probably pay attention to your break-in, if you bought the bike new.  Enjoy your new hobby, and take it easy.  Never underestimate the power of cars/trucks to ruin your day.  Keep aware of what's going on on all sides of you, and assume they cannot see you.  Be aware of the "cell phone fog".  It's like drunk driving used to be.  The people happily chatting on their phones can make you very UNHAPPY.

I have a 2003 Savage, and it's a lot of fun.  Some people on here build them into different bikes, and others leave them stock.  I've only made one modification to mine (half-spacer), but I may add the Dyna Muffler. It's a cool bike, and you're going to enjoy it.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #2 - 05/09/08 at 05:23:09

Enjoy and welcome. It sounds like you are starting out what I consider the easy way. MSF followed by a good cruiser that you plan to maintain yourself. Enjoy your Savage and the forum. Lots of good information here.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #3 - 05/09/08 at 08:03:00

Welcome Dennis! For a moment, I thought you were my co-worker who I just found out owns a Savage too. Smiley

Tomorrow is the last day of my MSP. I've been riding for about 2 weeks now with my new 07 S40. Smiley I love it.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #4 - 05/09/08 at 08:15:59

[size=12][/size]Howdies and Welcome, Dennis

Man, you picked a great bike...I love my 97.  Have done the spacer mod and a new muffler, plus raised the seat 1 1/2 inches in the front.

great bike to work on...so

Again, welcome, enjoy and if you have questions, ask 'em...

cheers

Toymaker Smiley Smiley Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
ALittlebird

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Louisville, KY
Reply #5 - 05/09/08 at 12:03:17

I love mine! And this  forum is full of extremely knowledgeable people. Just reading the old posts has really helped to understand this bike.

This weekend is my MSF course - been looking forward to it since I got the bike. Tonight is the 4 hour classroom - and I'm already tired from teaching American Indian history at the local high school. 5 classes of freshmen. Hope I stay awake!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:22:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Rider, New s40 owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.