Send Topic Print
fork bags (Read 320 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: fork bags
Reply #15 - 05/09/08 at 12:50:05

PhotoProf wrote on 05/09/08 at 06:09:56:
Thanks for the ideas... I agree that a knife will unlock the bag! Is there a magnetic tank bag that you would recommend? I worry about scratching the tank but maybe that is not an issue with the newer bags.

I got the Bell one from Wally World.  I don't use it much, but it works fine.  Good grip, doesn't scratch the paint.  Yes, it covers the speedo.
Thought I had pictures posted here somewhere...  can't find 'em now.  Huh

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #16 - 05/09/08 at 12:58:14

Just check Wally World online and they don't list any bags for motorcycle ... at least that I can find.  I do remember a display (a VERY small one) near the automotive section where I saw some Bell helmets.  Didn't pay much attention though.  Will have to run back up there and check out the bags.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #17 - 05/09/08 at 13:46:22

Correct on all counts.  Wally World on line does not show their MC, ATV, stuff.
IF they have Mobil 1 VTwin, it will be in that (miniscule) section along with the bags, helmets, gloves, etc.
I suggest calling all the Wally Worlds in your area and asking for Automotive, then ask them if they have that section.  (The front desk won't have a clue).

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #18 - 05/09/08 at 20:45:54

The thing with magnetic (and all) tank bags is that you have to keep the tank clean to avoid scratches.

As for me, I have two -- first is a small Marsee Bullet Bag.  It'll hold a digital camera and my sunglass case.  It does have a plastic "window" for a note card or directions.

And a basic cargo from Cycle Gear:

No map window, but it holds quite a bit more -- especially with the expansion gusset unzipped.

And neither one covers up the speedometer!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:17:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › fork bags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.