Muff aggro - RESOLVED! (Read 871 times)
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Muff aggro - RESOLVED!
Reply #45 - 05/27/08 at 18:03:11

Had to do that on the SuperTrapp that I gave Sluggo when we fitted it up. Seems to be some variation in the amount the inner pipe protrudes past the ring that seals the inner and outer pipes. His is a newer model than the 96 I bought it for and it worked fine on mine. I just ended up going another way at the time. Still have an Aluminum Honda 500 version of a Trapp sitting in a box for when this HD one dies, assuming it will in time like the first 1/2 of the pair did. IMHO the one that fits the easier is the HD FXD/F (I think that is Dyna Wide Glide model, stacked mufflers on the RH side like a sportster, and with the almost 1300cc engine which makes the flow rate correct for our 650 cc ) version as it is slotted for the mount and a carriage bolt work well. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #46 - 05/28/08 at 05:18:10

Ya know - we should have that as an option for muffler install in the tech section - cutting the header pipe a bit if all else fails.  

It only took a minute with a sawz-all, took off just 1/4 inch, and I am very happy with the results.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 05/28/08 at 09:11:57

Include how using a grinder to shorten the header can be hazardous. The sparks past the battery vent tube can ( & WILL) ignite the hydrogen, popping the battery case. You KNOW how I know this..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #48 - 05/28/08 at 09:20:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/28/08 at 09:11:57:
Include how using a grinder to shorten the header can be hazardous. The sparks past the battery vent tube can ( & WILL) ignite the hydrogen, popping the battery case. You KNOW how I know this..

Dang!  I totally forgot about that - and we were zipping a few little sparks! Thankfully hardly any because the blade kept getting too hot and we had to stop often.

Definitely worth mentioning and noting for future use!  Shocked

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:19:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Muff aggro - RESOLVED!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.