Send Topic Print
Custom Exhaust (Read 145 times)
punkid33
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Custom Exhaust
05/05/08 at 08:53:26

Ok so I am looking to customize my savage and turn it into a nice bobber project.  I was wondering what people know out there about attaching a straight pipe.
1)  What would be the best method to attach the straight pipe to the existing exhaust?
2)  If I remove the stock muffler and attach just a straight pipe how would I need to rejet?
3)  what can I do in order not to lose to0 much power since there will no longer be any back pressure?  Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks much appreciated!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Custom Exhaust
Reply #1 - 05/05/08 at 16:49:44

How's your budget?  A Raask Drag Pipe is a single tube from head to tail, superb quality, high performance, and somewhat legal.

WWW   IP Logged
Onederer
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/05/08 at 18:20:15

Its very loud without a muffler,and is'nt going to run any better. I thought I wanted a Rassk till I seen a pic, then for the $ it looked like one of those cheesy fake double wall pipes that Harley ppl buy, and from what I seen in the pic the build quality kinda looked cheesy also. If you want to add a straight pipe, just ride to a muffler shop, and have them find the size pipe you need, flare the end to just fit over the header, and weld some tabs on it where it needs to bolt to the bracket. The pipe will have to have a slight bent rite before it joins the header. For a just in case scenerio, buy a slip in baffle that'll fit the size pipe you'll be using. If you start going deaf, or cant get it tunaed properly, just drill a hole in the bottom of the pipe near the end, slide in the baffle, then put a srew in to hold it.

IP Logged
punkid33
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/06/08 at 13:25:49

Thanks guys for the helpful responses.
Paladin - Budget is low.  
Onederer - What about the loss of HP from the straight pipe.
Ive read mixed reviews on torque cones.  Any suggestions on how to not lose all that horse power from removing the muffler?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:16:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Custom Exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.