Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installed Progressives today (Read 226 times)
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Installed Progressives today
04/30/08 at 16:29:18

Today my Progressive 4233c's came.  Putting them on was very easy.  I jacked up the bike on my lift.  Unbolted all 4 bolts and pulled one of the old shocks off.  Then took the other off.  I was able to put the new ones on by lifting the wheel slightly and getting the holes lined up.  They came with several spacer bushings.  I used the thinnest ones.  I planned to use pre-load position 1 since the 4233's have the heavier springs.  When I got on the bike it seemed to bottom out very easy.  I thought that was because I weigh 215 and was on position 1.  I put it on position 3 and went around the block.  It felt okay but wasn't enough of a ride to tell.  When I got back I put them down to position 2 and bounced on the bike.  It didn't bottom.  Then I put them down to 1 and it still didn't bottom like it was.  I am thinking initially there is something that has to settle for them.  Is this right?  I put them back to position 2 and I'll try to ride it more later tonight.  The weather here is still marginal.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Installed Progressives today
Reply #1 - 04/30/08 at 17:04:26

maybe need some ride'n and bang'n around - brother go give that bike a 100 mile workout!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 04/30/08 at 17:33:04

Keith I weight 165 i use the 3rd preload up from soft, I found a couple of good bumps and would hit them at about 55mph I kept changing the preload til  I felt the leased jolt. I know on here some are using the softer springs seems to me they would be to soft. I didn't see a change from when I first put them on like you did.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #3 - 04/30/08 at 19:18:11

Where did you get them and how much were they?  Been thinking about different shocks.  I don't know if it's the stock seat or the shocks, but the ride is rougher than I want.  The V-Star has a very smooth ride--don't get me wrong though.  I'll take the Savage over the V-Star any day.  I'm just thinking of ways to soften the ride.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #4 - 04/30/08 at 20:36:48

I got them from denniskirk.com for $262 shipped.  Probably not the best price but they were in stock and DK has a very liberal return policy.

IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #5 - 05/01/08 at 08:58:32

I went for a 20 mile ride last night.  It did feel better but when I got home my back still hurt a little.  I'll try upping the preload from position 2.  This morning though I felt much better than last week when i took the bike to work.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #6 - 05/01/08 at 10:19:33

how much lift with them ?

IP Logged
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
Reply #7 - 05/01/08 at 10:24:23

I took a pic of a ruler held from the helmet lock down the swingarm like you did.  To the center of the swingarm is 11 1/4 inches.  I'll post a pic when I get it off my phone and onto a server.

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #8 - 05/01/08 at 10:40:14

rpgpgmr wrote on 04/30/08 at 19:18:11:
Where did you get them and how much were they?  Been thinking about different shocks.  I don't know if it's the stock seat or the shocks, but the ride is rougher than I want.  The V-Star has a very smooth ride--don't get me wrong though.  I'll take the Savage over the V-Star any day.  I'm just thinking of ways to soften the ride.

$198.95 incl shipping (free over $99)
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PROG%2D412

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #9 - 05/01/08 at 10:45:17

Thanks.  Those look like a serious improvement over stock and $200 isn't bad if they do their job.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
NikoruWiriamu
YaBB Newbies

Auburndale, Florida
Reply #10 - 05/04/08 at 17:14:32

I'm interested in getting some new shocks myself. If I want to lower the bike a bit, at least noticeably and without having to mod or change anything, what size should I go?

NikoruWiriamu   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:23:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Installed Progressives today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.