Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hand Controls with Custom Bars (Read 186 times)
zackabilly
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hand Controls with Custom Bars
04/29/08 at 18:58:01

Hello folks,I am in the middle of a Ls650 custom project and need some help.I am wanting to put Biltwell Keystone bars (zbars) and I dont want to use the big ass controls and master cylinder cause they will consume these handlebars and ruin what I am going for.I honestly havent went shopping around anywhere but the internet to fix this problem and I dont know what smaller controls would be compatible with this bike.I was thinking about rewiring everything to toggle switches under the tank and between the solo seat and tank.Than just throw on some small grips,throttle,and levers.Let me know what yall think,I appreciate any advice.

IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Re: Hand Controls with Custom Bars
Reply #1 - 04/30/08 at 17:01:34

id be interested in this as well. i am looking for some z bars myself.

IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #2 - 04/30/08 at 17:11:34

I see what you mean.  They are bulky.  However, I like having my turn signals, high beam, e-flashers, and horn right there at my thumbs.  If you're planning on routing all that under/around the tank, that could get cumbersome when in a sticky situation.

If anything, maybe convert everthing to buttons on a narrow, rectangular console on each side.  I'm not really a custom guy, but that sounds a little dangerous for me ... unless I'm misinterpreting your idea.

P.S. You'd probably have better luck posting this in the Rubber Side Down.  This is generally where we go for "How-To" information.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #3 - 05/02/08 at 18:05:17

it can be done, c flow did it on his, although he ran short bars. he used harley controls, just the clutch lever. ran without front brake, or signals. probably used a universal throttle assembly. i have short z bars on mine 4 inch. with the stock controls.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/02/08 at 18:15:14

rigidchop wrote on 05/02/08 at 18:05:17:
it can be done, c flow did it on his, although he ran short bars. he used harley controls, just the clutch lever. ran without front brake, or signals. probably used a universal throttle assembly. i have short z bars on mine 4 inch. with the stock controls.

got any pics?

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #5 - 05/02/08 at 18:23:37

i don't have any pics of mine, but here is c flows photo bucket account
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s53/Cabber_photos/

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/16/08 at 19:18:19

did you ever get those keystone bars? if so do you have any pics of them on?

zackabilly wrote on 04/29/08 at 18:58:01:
Hello folks,I am in the middle of a Ls650 custom project and need some help.I am wanting to put Biltwell Keystone bars (zbars) and I dont want to use the big ass controls and master cylinder cause they will consume these handlebars and ruin what I am going for.I honestly havent went shopping around anywhere but the internet to fix this problem and I dont know what smaller controls would be compatible with this bike.I was thinking about rewiring everything to toggle switches under the tank and between the solo seat and tank.Than just throw on some small grips,throttle,and levers.Let me know what yall think,I appreciate any advice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:26:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hand Controls with Custom Bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.