Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
turn signal relay (Read 57 times)
DavidD
YaBB Newbies

turn signal relay
04/28/08 at 22:16:42

OK, so I finally get up the nerve to drive the '87 all the 23 miles to work.  Thinking "Eh, I've got most everything IMPORTANT working".  Yeah, I did.   But on the way home, I noticed the blinkers weren't blinking. So after procrastinating for 2 weeks, I've finally torn into the wiring.  It's really bad.  The wire that goes down to the rear-brake switch? - it's a piece of white extension cord.  Fusebox? What fusebox? I don't see no stinking fusebox.  And the turn-signal wires?  They change color 3 times between the left handlebar pod and the rear turn signals.  The Clymer schematic doesn't say anything about purple and yellow wires. Wink

Anyway, I think the turn signal relay musta vibrated loose and fallen out of the bike on the way to or from work. On bikebandit's parts fiche, I see there's supposed to be a bracket to hold the relay to the frame - I guess the PO scrapped it as "excess weight".  I was tracing wires tonight, and I THINK I found where it's supposed to plug-in.  Or at least I found where the light blue wire ends in a female "L" plug with 2 other wires, and I'm guessing there's supposed to be a relay there.  

Can anybody confirm that the relay plugs into an "L" shaped plug?  I'm kinda sure that's where the blue wire ends, but I might have missed a color-change-splice somewhere.

Thanks,
Dave

WWW   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: turn signal relay
Reply #1 - 04/29/08 at 03:43:09

You can run a regular turn signal flasher.Available anywhere. Wink
Look in front/below tank in front of lower flame.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
DavidD
YaBB Newbies

Re: turn signal relay
Reply #2 - 04/29/08 at 06:51:55

Ah, thanks Demin.  I was wondering if a generic flasher would work.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:38:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › turn signal relay

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.