Send Topic Print
Supertrap question (Read 80 times)
Hell, Billy

back in black, again

a dirt road, somewhere in R I
Supertrap question
04/17/08 at 16:25:12

Hi,

I`m putting a Supertrap can on. I am curious as to how many discs to start with?  Right now I have a 1/2 spacer, a 150 main and a 55 prime -I have unplugged and adjusted the mix screw, I`m at sea level and it`s running just a touch lean, still getting the odd pop/bang on a downshift if I`m not too careful.

I`m gonna eventually try chucking the spacer and going to a 152.5. I can accept a little drop in MPG as I`ve averaged 62.5 MPG til the weather changed in November [drops off a little due to warm up, I guess, still over 60, tho].

I called in at Supertrap and the kind lady said to start w/8 discs but I could tell she didn`t know much about the effects on a re-jetted machine.

So, uh, anybody want to hazard an educated guess as to the # of discs to run?  

Thanks,

Bill

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Supertrap question
Reply #1 - 04/17/08 at 16:43:51

I'm running 7 disks with a 150, and just a shade lean, no pop

WWW   IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #2 - 04/17/08 at 17:44:03

You might want to experiment w/ disks and get the sound level where you like it then tune for that.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Hell, Billy

back in black, again

a dirt road, somewhere in R I
Reply #3 - 04/17/08 at 22:09:49

Mr 650,

My sound level requirements are minimal, the quieter the better within reason, I agree it`s too quiet stock, tho I`ve kinda gotten used to the relative silence...I suppose a little more volume would be OK for safety`s sake, I`m putting it on for a few reasons;

1. Less weight, a lot less weight-I might even be able to swap out that massive exhaust bracket while I`m at it

2. Presumed slight increase in performance [the Supertrapp folks say maybe 6-7%] won`t hurt.

3. I like the spark arrester feature and the volume controllability, sometimes I like do a little `green-lane-putting' in the nearby Arcadia Forrest system. I don`t want those nasty backfire burns setting the woods on fire and I don`t wanna scare off the wildlife, either.

4. I think it`ll look cool-different-it`s one of those aluminum racing can types. Goes nice with the stripped down look I`m after.

Say, Verslagen, is your bike much louder than stock? I recall you are using the tapered chrome can set up?

Thanks,

Bill

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 04/17/08 at 22:34:52

A lot louder, like a mountain lion growling instead of a mouse farting.
Still can be heard over wind noise, but not drowning it out.
Crazy a$$ harleys can still be heard coming.  Stock bikes can't.
Guy got a vrod at work, 1st time he started it up, 'hey sounds like my bike'   Grin  Next week I show up with the supertrapp, he waits for me to leave now.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/18/08 at 01:16:24

I have the stock pilot, 150 main & 14 disks. I still get soot on the brake & between the disks. But, maybe the carb is just wonky. Mine didnt blue the pipe ANY, not even some, till it was getting close to checking the valves time & I sat in the driveway & cranked on the gas, listening to the head,When I looked down, it was blue. Mine racks off some, after its all warmed up good, rolling to a turn it will grumble a little, but its not a big bang & I dont think its about to melt down.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 21:36:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Supertrap question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.