Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hmmm...Instant Community (Read 332 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Hmmm...Instant Community
Reply #15 - 04/17/08 at 10:18:49

I had a Honda xlv  it was better on freeways,But I like the Boulevard S40 better overall,I think this bike has to much weight in back compare to the front why it feels so light over 60mph. I run 2 pounds of air less than what they say because I weight 165,I think they play it safe for a 250 pound person.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #16 - 04/17/08 at 10:38:45

I've got almost 1900 miles on an '06 S40 that I bought last summer.  The only wind issues I have are passing really big trucks, i.e semi, dump, etc. at highway speeds.  And by highway speeds, I mean 65-70.

One of the things mentioned in the BRC (OH's version of the MSF) is to relax when it's windy or the road has grooves.  I try to practice that and it helps a lot.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #17 - 04/17/08 at 10:38:57

David -

I'm in Columbus area too.  Office in Dublin, live in Powell area.

Where are you?

My bike gets delivered from the seller on Sun.  I'm taking MSF course in Delaware in May.

Gimme a call if convenient - office is 614-798-1600.

Good to know ya.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 04/17/08 at 10:52:06

Somebody actually touched your bike with their car because they were trying to "Herd" you on along? My kickstand might have gone down as I inspected the "crash" for damage. I dont know what I would have done, but I can assure you, I would have been furious. I wonder if the driver would have been okay with someone shoving him, walking down a crowded hall & upon asking why being told" You werent walking fast enough". Wadddaaaa Jerk!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #19 - 04/17/08 at 11:35:18

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 04/17/08 at 10:38:45:
I've got almost 1900 miles on an '06 S40 that I bought last summer.  The only wind issues I have are passing really big trucks, i.e semi, dump, etc. at highway speeds.  And by highway speeds, I mean 65-70.

One of the things mentioned in the BRC (OH's version of the MSF) is to relax when it's windy or the road has grooves.  I try to practice that and it helps a lot.

Ditto's on the RELAX.  I think most of the time it just FEELS like the wind is blowing you around.  I know the wind is blowing, and we feel like are being moved by it...but it isn't as bad as it feels.  Relaxing on the bike (especially your grip) will help the feeling.  I've ridden past semis that have felt like I was going to sucked under them or blown into the other lane.  Once you get used to the feeling you realize that the wind is not affecting you as much as it feels like.

Reminds me of a song.... (singly badly off key) "Feelings, nothing more than feelings...."   Grin

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
rpgpgmr

Huntington, WV
Reply #20 - 04/17/08 at 13:30:49

Yea, the V-Star does the handle the Interstate better, but only because it's bigger and heavier.  I think the V-Star's are beautiful bikes (which is why my Fiance and I bought one) but I'm not comfortable on it.  I just don't think they fit me very well.  But it's her bike so as long as she's happy, I'm happy.  My Savage will out run it, out stop it, and out maneuver it.  Plus parts & accessories for the S40 are a lot cheaper than for most bikes.  Pretty much everything for the V-Star is about twice what it is for my Thumper.  I will buy many other bikes throughout the rest of my days, but I'll never part with my S40.

You may not know it yet, but you're going to become obsessed with it.  Enjoy. Smiley

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic
  IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 04/17/08 at 15:19:42

Welcome to the forum.  There is a wealth of information and know-how here.

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/17/08 at 10:52:06:
Somebody actually touched your bike with their car because they were trying to "Herd" you on along? My kickstand might have gone down as I inspected the "crash" for damage. I dont know what I would have done, but I can assure you, I would have been furious. I wonder if the driver would have been okay with someone shoving him, walking down a crowded hall & upon asking why being told" You werent walking fast enough". Wadddaaaa Jerk!

Yeah, I think I would have had to stop and treat it as if they had rear ended me.  Cops and all...

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #22 - 04/17/08 at 16:01:42

Welcome to the Savage Nation. Keep reading this sight,lots of great help and tech advise.I found the the recommended tire pressures work fine for me.Also my savage handles very well in the 55 to 65 mph range.Have fun with your bike. Take your time and learn about your bike and let the bike learn about you. Again welcome aboard. Ride strong, Ride proud,and Ride    safe.

IP Logged
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
Reply #23 - 04/18/08 at 03:04:21

Designed tyre pressures are crucial for the correct usage of your machine.
Overinflation will make your ride less comfortable,and reduces the size of the patch of tyre in contact with the road,upsetting handling.It can also lead to premature tyre wear.
Under inflation accelerates tyre wear,ruins handling, raises fuel consumption and lowers top speed.
This applies to all makes of bike.

Take it easy.but TAKE IT.
Man does not cease to ride because he gets old,Man gets old because he ceases to RIDE.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 03:26:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hmmm...Instant Community

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.