Send Topic Print
petcock troubles (Read 98 times)
makk98
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

petcock troubles
04/15/08 at 18:41:05

petcock is hard to turn,took it apart and found out that little spring thing inside is all bent up and wont contact the diaphram plunger thing.now i have no fuel as opposed to only a tiny bit before.I've seen talk about a manual conversion but cant find it on here.Any help would be good?Can't buy parts ffor it youhave to buy the whole thing. Undecided

IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Re: petcock troubles
Reply #1 - 04/15/08 at 19:08:47

If you are looking to rebuild, you have to buy the whole thing.  I have tried to rebuild one of the old Suzi vacuum operated petcocks before (the ones they made rebuild kits for)... that way lies madness.  Check here for the how-to on the conversion to on/off:  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1113631600

I wish I could get you another spring, but I just sold the old and busted petcock I had on here last week.

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
makk98
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/17/08 at 18:59:12

thanks steely I was going to just cut off the nipple end of the diaphram but then it would be on all the time.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 04/18/08 at 10:53:30

Our local hardware store (Ace or Sentry) has a big cabinet full of draws and draws of different size springs.  

Maybe take the old spring and the petcock to your local HDWR store and see if they have the same display.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 07:20:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › petcock troubles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.