Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Re: Screamin Eagle
Reply #15 - 04/15/08 at 11:09:19

Gary On A Savage wrote on 04/15/08 at 10:23:21:
 Cheap.  

Glad to hear something is cheap.  This modding hobby has started to get expensive in the last few weeks.

IP Logged
2000Savage
YaBB Newbies

Reply #16 - 04/15/08 at 17:28:39

I put a stock sporty on my Savage and love it.  I have no equipment to work on it and got it on ebay where they said i could just bend the bracket to fit it, it worked OK but i put my bike in for a tuneup/carb cleaning and he custom build a bracket for the pipe.  I did no jet changes but had the guy check the compression etc... and all are fine though there is some backfiring thats just pressure buildup in the exhaust pipe and i personally like it.  You will love the sound of a new pipe on the bike, makes a huge difference from stock.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 04/15/08 at 18:03:55

Huh pressure build up  Huh
You got a potato in your pipe?

Give you pilot jet a 1/4 turn to the left and stop eating beans.

Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Reply #18 - 04/15/08 at 21:59:00

Gary what type of clamp was it and did you have to use anything else to seal it good ? i tried thermo steel so far it's holding up but still a little leary

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #19 - 04/15/08 at 22:57:55

Cory wrote on 04/15/08 at 21:59:00:
Gary what type of clamp was it and did you have to use anything else to seal it good ? i tried thermo steel so far it's holding up but still a little leary

The clamp was for the bracket that held it in place, not to attach it to the pipe.  I used the stock clamp for the pipe and used muffler wrap to tighten the seal.  BUT..it still leaked.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
JayScottComedy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/17/08 at 11:27:18

I have a  screamin eagle on my bike. Its very loud. ive had the pipe off and its not much louder with no muffler at all, just more backfiring. Overall i love it. I love loud bikes, but this is probably the most "extreme" muffler you can get, a "cherry bomb" might be moreso, donno, but just keep that in mind. Its wicked loud and mean.

-Jay

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #21 - 04/17/08 at 11:39:17

JayScottComedy wrote on 04/17/08 at 11:27:18:
I have a  screamin eagle on my bike. Its very loud. ive had the pipe off and its not much louder with no muffler at all, just more backfiring. Overall i love it. I love loud bikes, but this is probably the most "extreme" muffler you can get, a "cherry bomb" might be moreso, donno, but just keep that in mind. Its wicked loud and mean.

-Jay

Just wondering - have you looked inside your SE - had one here that near the inlet was a welded in washer about 1" in diam with about say a 5/8" hole in the middle - that was all the baffle there was - not sure it would do much except stop a test stick LEOs cram up your pipe (that doesn't sound good) to check for baffles in some places

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 19:25:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Screamin Eagle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.