Send Topic Print
Help with exhaust (Read 171 times)
Js2874
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Help with exhaust
04/12/08 at 21:43:05

Hi all, just bought 2002 suzuki savage 650 and I really like it. The only thing I dont like is the stock exhaust. Does any one have any pointers as to what brand or kind of muffler I could get to make her sound as mean as possible. Also, if I do this will I have to jet the carb? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Jeremy

IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Re: Help with exhaust
Reply #1 - 04/12/08 at 21:51:24

Js2874 wrote on 04/12/08 at 21:43:05:
Hi all, just bought 2002 suzuki savage 650 and I really like it. The only thing I dont like is the stock exhaust. Does any one have any pointers as to what brand or kind of muffler I could get to make her sound as mean as possible. Also, if I do this will I have to jet the carb? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Jeremy

I put on a Harley Screamin' Eagle Slashcut Turnout Muffler (no baffles) It sounds EXTREMELY MEAN. I turn heads everywhere. So far I think its the best sounding loud muffler. I have tried one other.

IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #2 - 04/13/08 at 05:44:15

There are some sound files of various exhausts in this post in the tech forum - http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1151331237 Personally, the Screamin' Eagle does it for me  Grin

(Use the Index post in the tech forum to look at the "table of contents").

If you search around you will find a lot of discussion on here about various types of exhausts, and lots of tips on installation (and re-jetting which you will also have to consider)

IP Logged
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Reply #3 - 04/13/08 at 08:24:07

Hey man the sound files kinda give you an idea but i have a screamin eagle muff on mine and i second the notion it is deep . loud and mean as all get out and u can pick them up cheap on ebay or swap meets i didn't have to rejet mine all i did was adjust the air mixture screw some and that was it runs great actually has better throttle response time and i haven't had to use the choke to start it anymore either . As far as a brand new aftermarket muffler i would go with a MAC they are not too redicilous in price and are good quality and did i add they sound good aswell . As far as jetting if you need to rejet this site can help you with that there is alot of forums and wonderful guys and gals on here that can help you with anything you need help with all you gotta do is holler . Good luck and if you need anything else let me know .

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #4 - 04/13/08 at 14:22:36

You guys can go and spend your money on a Harley Muffler, but I prefer the $7 straight pipefrom the auto parts store. A little welding required and your good! I plan on painting mine black in a couple of days to make it look kinda nice!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #5 - 04/13/08 at 14:46:53

Chopped wrote on 04/13/08 at 14:22:36:
You guys can go and spend your money on a Harley Muffler, but I prefer the $7 straight pipefrom the auto parts store. A little welding required and your good! I plan on painting mine black in a couple of days to make it look kinda nice!

Chopped, will they let you ride it on base like that? Semper fi.

We're at the mercy of time, and time don't got no mercy.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 04/13/08 at 15:54:26

gj859 wrote on 04/13/08 at 14:46:53:
Chopped, will they let you ride it on base like that? Semper fi.

Don't know about here, but at Athens AFB, Greece, 1968-69, I had a VW sedan.  Busted the muffler, got a header/glasspack.  Broke the glasspack off, so ran unmuffled.  Last day on base I stopped at the guard shack and asked why they never stopped me.  Ans: "I thought that was normal!"

WWW   IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #7 - 04/13/08 at 16:19:58

been driving it on base like that for a week or so now... no one cares! I just get a few looks every now and then! Speaking of which, I pulled up to the light the other day and som cat behind me on a V-Star said "your bike sounds f-in crazy from back there!" THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
gj859
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

winchester ky
Reply #8 - 04/13/08 at 16:29:08

Cool, when I was at MCAS New River, a friend bought a new Norton and they wouldn't let him bring it on base because they said the front fork was to long.

We're at the mercy of time, and time don't got no mercy.
  IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #9 - 04/13/08 at 16:45:05

can't wait until i get my chopper done! 42deg of rake... lets see what they say about that!

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:19:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help with exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.