Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Pictures of my Savage In Progress (Read 722 times)
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Re: Pictures of my Savage In Progress
Reply #15 - 04/11/08 at 06:40:00

Reelthing wrote on 04/11/08 at 01:01:46:
superior wrote on 04/10/08 at 17:48:24:
steely wrote on 04/10/08 at 16:50:26:
Very nice.  Have you considered replacing the stock muffler heat shield?

Yes I have considered it. Any recommendations on where to get a light weight one?

as nice looking as your bike is - I'll send you one free - pm me your address.

Thanks so much! I just PM'd you!

IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Reply #16 - 04/11/08 at 06:42:41

rpgpgmr wrote on 04/11/08 at 05:27:25:
Nice!  Love the turn signals and brake light.  My favorite by far is the Sportster seat.  Was the "Seat Conversion" a kit that you found or something that you did yourself?  My big butt doesn't feel very comfortable on the stock seat.  Grin  I've been looking at the gel seat that Suzuki offers, but it's still the same width.  If you got it somewhere online, please provide a link if you can dig it up.

I found the sportster seat on e b a y. It was from a 2005 Sportster. It was barley used, I think the guy purchased an aftermarket seat right after he got the bike new and then it was sitting in his garage. I paid like $50 + shippping. It is a flawless seat - I love it!   Thanks to the people here on Suzukisavage I was able to get the mod done myself. Took about 3 hours to do!

IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Reply #17 - 04/11/08 at 06:45:14

PerrydaSavage wrote on 04/11/08 at 02:40:02:
Very, very nice! Love the tail-light mod ... wanna do someting like that with my S50 ... what kinda Bike is it off of?

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I"m not sure what type of bike the tail-light is off of? I got it at an after-market motorcycle shop it wasn't labled for any specific bike. I just drove my bike up (after removing the rear license plate and mounting it on the side) then 1 by 1 ... the guy at the shop let me take go out to the parking lot and try to see what light would fit best.... after hunting... "BINGO"...found it!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 04/11/08 at 09:08:28

any info on it at all? mfg, p/n? made in china?

Where's the shop?

WWW   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/11/08 at 09:32:07

Looks cool.
I also did a sportster style seat swap, an Optima Gel seat, it was a little long so I pulled back the cover and took a bit of the front of the pan off.  I took some marine grade vinyl and made a skirt to hide the support underneath.  Didnt want Betty's undies showin.......

IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #20 - 04/11/08 at 16:12:21

Love the look.  Where did you get those turn signals and the chrome strips that they mount on?  I'd love to get rid of my sissy bar but id need to replace the chrome strip it mounts on

IP Logged
steely

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 04/11/08 at 16:19:25

superior wrote on 04/10/08 at 17:48:24:
steely wrote on 04/10/08 at 16:50:26:
Very nice.  Have you considered replacing the stock muffler heat shield?

Yes I have considered it. Any recommendations on where to get a light weight one?

I was going to say check on ebay, I got mine there for $25 shipped to me, but it looks like you already are taken care of!

1999 Suzuki Savage
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #22 - 04/11/08 at 17:09:07

the "chrome strips" you refer to are called fender struts. i think that they only came on the newer s 40's. i just bought a set and i really like them. they are kinda pricey. i paid $80 for mine shipped with stock signals. you should be able to find those style signals anywhere. ebay, dennis kirk, j&p cycles, etc.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #23 - 04/11/08 at 17:18:34

rigidchop wrote on 04/11/08 at 17:09:07:
the "chrome strips" you refer to are called fender struts. i think that they only came on the newer s 40's. i just bought a set and i really like them. they are kinda pricey. i paid $80 for mine shipped with stock signals. you should be able to find those style signals anywhere. ebay, dennis kirk, j&p cycles, etc.

nice... where did you get your specific fender struts from?  Not sure which ones on ebay will fit a savage.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #24 - 04/11/08 at 17:42:00

i bought mine from ebay, they were for an s40, they are not always for sale though. thats why i jumped on mine.if you type in suzuki savage, after the new page comes up, it should have suzuki s40, and suzuki ls650 under the search bar, and you can click on those. or type them in.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #25 - 04/11/08 at 19:50:07

the tail light looks like a stock fat bob tail light for a harley or a lucas unit. i really like how it turned out. i bought my heat shield from jc whitney for about 20 bucks. what did you fill the stock tail light holes with? and do you remember what type of side mount plate bracket you used? good looking bike.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Reply #26 - 04/11/08 at 20:51:10

rigidchop wrote on 04/11/08 at 19:50:07:
the tail light looks like a stock fat bob tail light for a harley or a lucas unit. i really like how it turned out. i bought my heat shield from jc whitney for about 20 bucks. what did you fill the stock tail light holes with? and do you remember what type of side mount plate bracket you used? good looking bike.

Thanks for the feedback.  I havent filled the stock tail light holes yet (I simply put electrical tape over them to conceal the holes until I get the fenders and tank painted, then I'll get them professionally filled.  As far as the side mount plate I got this one because it was very sleek and has the built in LED's. It fit perfectly and wired up very easily.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SIDE-MOUNT-LICENSE-PLATE-KIT-V-ROD-FXR-DYNA-SP...

IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Reply #27 - 04/11/08 at 20:54:34

verslagen1 wrote on 04/11/08 at 09:08:28:
any info on it at all? mfg, p/n? made in china?

Where's the shop?

There was no manufacture or part number on it. When I went to the local "Cycler Rider" Shop in Ontario, CA it was sitting inside the glass shelf (without any packaging) It was only $19.99 (pretty cheap) It was the last one that they had on the shelf.

I wish I could tell you what type/make/manufacture it was, but it didn't say? I guess I just got lucky..... hrmm maybe I can call and ask them?  I'll keep you posted if I find out.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 04/11/08 at 20:54:34

What do you think of this one?

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #29 - 04/12/08 at 05:45:56

verslagen1
  That looks like the one that's on my Rupp mini-bike.  

see EBAY item: 220222488591

T.Mack

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:31:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pictures of my Savage In Progress

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.