Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dunlop Cruisemax (Read 263 times)
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Dunlop Cruisemax
04/07/08 at 16:11:09

Anyone had experience with the Cruisemax on the Savage?  There are a few for sale on ebay in 140/90-15 pretty cheap.

Thoughts?

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dunlop Cruisemax
Reply #1 - 04/08/08 at 03:29:06

Sluggo and I use the tire - bought it cheap during close out at MAW.

Ask the seller to read you the year of manufacture that is stamped on the tire.  Tires older than 8 years old should have be deeply discounted by someone along the way and the savings should be passed on to you.  These tires are knocking around that 8 year age range now.

I have one of such left, but it is fated to go on the FPPE at this stage of things and is no longer for sale (was 50 bucks last time I tried to sell it).

My Savage has a near immortal rear tire mounted now that still has 2-3 years left on it despite a diet of steady squealing tire skidding abuse.  It is just now broken in good after mileage equal to one IRC stock rear tire.  

So I am no longer planning to put the Crusemax on there, I had to go buy another bike so I could use up the last of my Crusemax horde.

Wink

Oldfeller

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
Reply #2 - 04/08/08 at 08:01:48

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/08/08 at 03:29:06:

My Savage has a near immortal rear tire mounted now that still has 2-3 years left on it despite a diet of steady squealing tire skidding abuse.  It is just now broken in good after mileage equal to one IRC stock rear tire.  

Oldfeller

Oldfeller,

What is on your bike now?  I couldn't tell from your post if it is this cruisemax or not.  You said you and sluggo use it, but then you say you are not putting one on??

Sorry, I am just confused...but I would like to know what you're using with good results.

Thanks!

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 04/08/08 at 21:05:55

If I remember correctly, OldFeller is a "dark Side" tire user. Some small automotive tire, stretched REAL hard to get on the rim. Izzat right OF?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 04/11/08 at 03:40:33

Mounting takes a hundred pounds of air pressure if you use lots of straight dish washing soap as your lubricant.  Most small home compressors can go that high -- oddly the ones that run off your cigarette lighter in your car actually go a lot higher (go figure on that one, puny little 12v compressor puts out much higher pressure than my big 120 volt garage compressor).

Here is Tech thread, take a look if interested.  My tire isn't 1/4 worn out yet after a full IRC tire's lifespan of use.  

We have about 5-6 darkside guys on the list now but we tend to forget about it as discussion topic as the tires just sit there, year after year after year (we spend more time changing fronts than rears now).

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1181496112

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/11/08 at 22:39:10

Are they ill handling in corners? I mean, IF a guy likes to run thru the turns, bad idea? Or, can it be just as fun, just fun at a lower speed? I mean, as long as its predictable & a guy can feel "The edge" of staying up versus NOT staying up, then its gonna be just as much fun IMO.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 04/12/08 at 12:15:20

Justin, you ride the way you always have.  You get lots of new sensations that your hind brain doesn't know how to process when you first go for a ride, but you learn them within a few weeks then it feels "normal" to you.

Learning period is different, though.   Some claim to have gotten used to the big rear tire within a block or so, me it took a week or three.

Tip:  increase the air pressure to reduce the "oddnesses".  33 pounds (factory standard pressure) works well.

I accelerate through turns, dragging the pegs so I can't speak for needing to slow down any.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 04/12/08 at 13:34:58

Sounds like something I could get used to. Saving all that $$$ on tires sounds like a dandeee deal.

So, what tire are you running?

« Last Edit: 04/12/08 at 14:45:27 by justin_o_guy2 »  

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #8 - 04/12/08 at 14:17:50

barry68v10 wrote on 04/07/08 at 16:11:09:
Anyone had experience with the Cruisemax on the Savage?  There are a few for sale on ebay in 140/90-15 pretty cheap.

Thoughts?

i'm running a rear and looking for a froant... seams ok to be, i;ll tellya more when i do the next burnout videelr

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 04/13/08 at 06:31:18

Sluggo is talking about his Cruisemax tire, he couldn't get the one on the back of my bike to spin like that -- it would stall the engine out from the force it would take to make it slip.

Car tires are BIG ol' thangs ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #10 - 04/13/08 at 11:02:29

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 04/13/08 at 06:31:18:
Sluggo is talking about his Cruisemax tire, he couldn't get the one on the back of my bike to spin like that -- it would stall the engine out from the force it would take to make it slip.

Car tires are BIG ol' thangs ....

bleach  and lots of it...

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 15:31:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dunlop Cruisemax

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!