Stock pipe diameter? (Read 148 times)
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Stock pipe diameter?
03/31/08 at 19:56:07

I have to go in the morning after work and look at a set of Screaming eagle exhausts. What is the Diameter of the pipe that they will be fitted to? I have to head to work here in a few mins otherwise I would search around more. Thanks for your time.

This is what I am going to look at. So please let me know if you think they will work.
http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/624371149.html

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
superior
Alliance Member

Savage 4 Life

Los Angeles Area, CA
Re: Stock pipe diameter?
Reply #1 - 03/31/08 at 23:07:16

Savage_Amusement wrote on 03/31/08 at 19:56:07:
I have to go in the morning after work and look at a set of Screaming eagle exhausts. What is the Diameter of the pipe that they will be fitted to? I have to head to work here in a few mins otherwise I would search around more. Thanks for your time.

This is what I am going to look at. So please let me know if you think they will work.
http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/624371149.html

I'm not sure if those mufflers will work on craigslist. I found a screamin eagle muffler which fit perfectly it was an Screamin Eagle FXR Slashcut Turn Out Muffler (It was only one muffler though, only cost like $20 bucks) here is a set (both mufflers one ebay right now, but they are not turnouts,  just slash cuts - still pretty cool).

LINK http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-D-Screamin-Eagle-Baloney-Cut-Dual-Slipon-For...

You can hunt around on ebay and probably fine a single muffler for cheaper than the set. Just be patient and keep looking....let us know if it works out.

IP Logged
Cory

Ride Hard Or Stay
Home

OHIO
Reply #2 - 03/31/08 at 23:15:24

1 7/8 is what size you need to slip right on to your stock pipe if the pipe is bigger you can either cut an  aluminum pop can up and wrap it around the pipe for a tighter fit or you can go to jc whitney and order some reducers that will work and grab you some high temp gasket maker from and auto store for a nice seal i got a harley slash cut sportster muffler with no baffle and mounted to my 2000 savage and turned out really nice i used the aluminum can method with the high temp gasket maker to seal it and  wow she looks good and nice amazing sounds like roaring thunder now almost too loud for me and that's saying alot and you may want to go to jc whitney and buy you a different heatshield than the factory one it will fit alot more nicely not so big and bulky that's what i did and it went together very well . Good Luck and hope it all works out for you . here is the links to the heat shield and the reducers .

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CAT...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10111/s-10101/p-100000147179/...

2000 Savage , Ebc Brakes , HD Dyna Muffler , Diamond Grips , Diamond Mirrors , Leather Saddlebags
crimsonhand1977   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #3 - 04/01/08 at 00:02:13

Two will be what we need since my Dad has the same bike. So thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #4 - 04/01/08 at 05:51:07

Hmmmmm  ...  I can't remember it the Dyna I got slips onto a 1 3/4 inch pipe or if it's 1 /3/4 inch diameter.  

I believe they rate them as to what they slip on to, but I could be wrong.     Undecided

EDIT: just looked at the Craiglist ad,  I'm haven't read that Fat-Boy pipes work.   I'm 100% sure that the Dyna Wide Glide pipes work almost bolt on and I've heard the Sportster pipes work but you need some bracket work.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 04/01/08 at 05:59:01

you need a pipe with a 1.75" ID (or close to that anyway) to slip over the end of the header

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #6 - 04/01/08 at 10:26:34

We got them and they really look like they will work. So thanks a lot for your help and info. Will have to wait for a little bit nicer weather out. Then it will be intake, and jetting and such. I so ready for a louder bike, the little bubble farts it makes now is a little embarrassing sometimes. But I really do like the bike and size a lot.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #7 - 04/01/08 at 13:21:32

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:33:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stock pipe diameter?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.